Superformance GT40 Wiring Diagram

I would like to hear from owners of the Superformance GT40's. I am collecting electrical information so I can correctly document the earlier cars electrical systems compared to the latest version of the wiring. There are not a lot of changes, but some refinements were made over the cars production life.
Some of you may know that I have created the Owner's Manuals and Wiring Diagrams for the Shelby Cobra Slabsides and FIA cars and also for the Superformance MKII's, both Slabside and FIA versions. In addition, I also created the Wiring Diagrams for the Superformance (Cobra) MKIII cars. Hope to hear from many of you.
Blas

I have made a lot of progress on the Wiring Diagrams. I'm now looking for information on the number lights for the doors and rear section. Also, the connector for the rear lighting, do most have a 6 pin or 8 pin connector in back?
Thanks.

Thanks guys, can you both give me the 3 digit numbers on the underside of the front and rear fiberglass cowl sections? Also looking for battery preferences and any other info you feel would be useful on the wiring diagrams. Even just suggestions of what to include beyond the normal info.

Where on the underside of body panel can I find the three didgit body panel number?
Having an early car (2127) I have just completed numerous elect. Syst. mods, many garnered from this valuable site, and will compile and submit to you soon.
Happy Holidays to all!
rcarr, P2127

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Where on the underside of body panel can I find the three didgit body panel number?
Having an early car (2127) I have just completed numerous elect. Syst. mods, many garnered from this valuable site, and will compile and submit to you soon.
Happy Holidays to all!
rcarr, P2127

The build number is on a small disc bonded to the major panels. You will find it inside the doors when the door boxes are unscrewed. It is also bonded under the front/rear lids.

Any help on the following items:
Licence plate light: source and part number.
Toggle switch part numbers.
Rad temp switch part number.
Correct or acceptable door and rear cowl number lights.
Proper fuel pumps. Original and/or aftermarket.
Thanks everyone, coming along nicely on the project so far.

Hi,
I have been helping Blas with the wiring diagram by using my car as a standard from the factory. We have run into an issue with the front lights wiring. My car, P2319, has the right & left lights reversed compared to the factory info. Three factory documents are consistent in that they show right where I show left. So, we need help with a test to see if my car is dyslexic.

A simple test will help sort this out.
1) Check that both headlights come on, low beam is fine.
2) Disconnect either connector to the front lights. The ones you need to disconnect to take the front clip off. (page 22 of the owners manual)
3) Look for the yellow & white wires on the connector you disconnected and record if these wires have a black stripe. (see pic below)
4) Turn the lights on and record which side is lit.

My car has the yellow & white without stripes for the right side lights.

Your reward, if you accept this task, is the existential pleasure of contributing to the greater knowledge of GT40's. Or, I can send you a cookie.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

The pic is in Drop Box. Is that an issue?
SNW%20Frt%20Lts%20Connects.JPG

Last edited:
Back