GT40 at Willowsprings

It has a Roush, fuel-injected, 351W with a little over 500HP. Yeah, I was surprised how it left the Porsches (GT3) in the dust.

Roush 403? I have the same engine... I just got my car, so have not taken it to the track yet...Mine has a Holley. I'd like to set it up with Weber lookalike Fuel injection.

It's a Roush 402R engine. Yeah, EFI is the best! Just reach in the car and hit the start button. No throttle pumping required.

The EFI intake is by Inglese...

Attachments

• IngleseGT40intake.jpg
    IngleseGT40intake.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 298

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
It has a Roush, fuel-injected, 351W with a little over 500HP. Yeah, I was surprised how it left the Porsches (GT3) in the dust.
No disrespect, your GT40 looks great in the video, but a GT3 in capable hands will not be "in the dust" and Olsen, if he wants, puts lap times in 996 GT3 Cup car territory with his '72RSR!

In addition, I will say, kudos to you Randy, your 40 looks well sorted, obviously pulls hard on the straight and you certainly were putting those 'drivers' of Porsches in the dust. Very cool video :thumbsup:

I would think a GT40 in "capable hands" would leave a GT3 in "capable hands" in the dust.
Look at the numbers... GT40: 520HP / 2200lbs, GT3: 490HP / 3100lbs.

Nice video! Could only have been improved by making it longer, and possibly injecting a little more engine noise.

Anyone who has spent any time at all on Pelican knows Jack and "Black Beauty II". I assume that you guys are personal friends? Been to his garage? Not me, just admire from afar.

Now, to cement yourself in Porsche lore, you have to get on the track with Magnus.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I would think a GT40 in "capable hands" would leave a GT3 in "capable hands" in the dust.
Look at the numbers... GT40: 520HP / 2200lbs, GT3: 490HP / 3100lbs.

A 2200# GT40? So you cut the roof off and do not have a driver? Honestly, I see 2350-2450 as the low end with an all alloy engine. While today we have 2 liter "economy" cars that tip 3000-3400# the GT40 is light in comparison, but I don't see an SPF at 2200#.

Funny I was just wondering what mine would tip the scales at. 351 tickled to 402 by Roush. Definitely not an aluminum block.... I knew they were relatively heavy, but 2450 being the low end surprises me... Although the engine runs great and without hiccups, it pulls and pulls and pulls, I find the low end torque to be a bit disappointing... Does anyone else have any opinions about this with the Roush 402?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, I'll share once I get it together and weighed. I have no idea what it will weigh but I have a hunch.

Gus,

Do you know your gear ratios? I don't have a Roush motor, but I do have a 393W. I have more torque and hp with the Windsor than I had in my Cobra with a 427FE...but because of the tall gearing in the GT I can't feel it like I did in the Cobra.

Just a thought.

Funny I was just wondering what mine would tip the scales at. 351 tickled to 402 by Roush. Definitely not an aluminum block.... I knew they were relatively heavy, but 2450 being the low end surprises me... Although the engine runs great and without hiccups, it pulls and pulls and pulls, I find the low end torque to be a bit disappointing... Does anyone else have any opinions about this with the Roush 402?

Back