SCOF

I first became a member of SCOF when I had a Superformance Cobra. As a newbie to things Superformance, I found the forum quite useful to both learn about the car and get a fair amount of technical support. For the two years I had my Cobra, SCOF was worthwhile. I'm not sure I enjoyed all the social noise on the forum, but enduring that was a small price to pay in exchange for what I learned. The Cobra owners are quite active, generally nice, and very helpful. I remained on SCOF for the year I was waiting for my GT40, and the first year I owned it. While SCOF tries to build and maintain an active GT40 community, there really never seemed to be anything GT40 related ever posted. I think there were maybe a dozen or so GT40 owners on the forum, and few ever posted anything. I got zero out of it related to my GT40. This forum proved much more valuable in terms of information and knowledge base for things Superformance GT40. As I've become more knowledgeable about Superformance through my own experience, through the support of my installer, through my relationship with Superformance, through my personal network with other GT40 owners, and through this forum, I simply have no use for SCOF anymore. They had a lot of great technical write ups for Cobra related things, but as I recall, only a few things GT40 related. The forum owner (a GT40 owner himself) had great plans to do more for GT40 owners, but that did not materialize while I was a member. Maybe things have changed. The social side was also not for me. - Jeff

I was afraid of that considering the warning about hundreds of emails flooding my inbox. I will see what it's like. Might be short lived. On another note, hopefully meet you guys up with the GT's.

Back