SBF headers

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
My fab guys are so far behind which is now putting me well into Aug for even being able to start and tune the car. Does anyone have a set of headers I could rent for a couple of weeks so I could get the car running and ready to go prior to having the permanent set built? I am willing to compensate well and cover all shipping for this favor. Thanks

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Ian, what I was hoping for was finding a set I could "rent" so that I could fire the car up in the garage and work through any new installation bugs. I may have another option for having a system built so maybe this request will be mute anyway. It doesn't sound like anyone has a set I could borrow anyway. Malon graciously offered the set off my old 427 but I don't think they would work on the shorter deck 302. If anyone has a set for a 289/302 that I could borrow I would be most appreciative. Thanks

Mike,

I have a set that I may be able to lend you...just pay shipping both ways. Send me a PM and we can talk.

Ron

Sorry not sure what engine you have. Are you looking for 302 or 351 headers. I have a set of new 351 tubes in a box (they sent the wrong ones) and right now the car is having a long nap so I guess both sets are available. Just let me know.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you gentlemen. I am still hoping my fabricators will be able to get to me but things are looking bleak. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow which will determine if I need a set to rent for run-in in the garage now while I wait or a more permanent solution. Ron, I'll shoot you a PM once I know what to expect.

Richard, I have a 302. Do you have a set for that engine you are interested in selling or? Please PM me with details if so.

Thanks again for everyone offering to help!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
My fabricator is on board much relief there. Jack Mac, IM me your email as your PM box is full. Muchas gracias

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mike, you may want to put a call in to RCR... They may well have what you want in stock!

How close was the forest fire to your place? I see in the news they arrested two campers who started the fire.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
It was just over the hill. This is about 20 mins after it started. It blew up that afternoon and then again Sunday afternoon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 502

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I'd love to have a view like that! All I have here in South Carolina is heat, humidity and lots of snakes.....

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, you may want to put a call in to RCR... They may well have what you want in stock!

I've tried to buy a couple items from RCR. They did not return calls. I have got a couple snarky PMs from Fran so they're not entirely unresponsive I reckon.

It's great up here most of the time Dave. Can get a little crunchy and dry in July. Had a couple good monsoons since last week so it should not be too bad on out I hope.

Back