Sourcing Nylon Pressure Tube to NPT Fitting

I'm ready to connect the Smiths Oil Pressure Gauge to the Roush engine. I need a fitting from the 0.19" OD nylon tubing to what I think is 1/4" NPT on the Roush oil port, near the fuel pump at front. I'm assuming it's one of those compression fittings with the mini brass sleeve and nut.

Most online vendors deal in fitting kits for 1/8" nylon tubing. 1/8" is smaller than I have attached to the gauge as delivered from SPF. I've measured it with a caliper.

I realize I could switch the plumbing to copper or another size. For now, I am hoping to just continue on this path.

Any thoughts?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have the part number at home and will post later. Available from most speed shops via the gauge manufacturer. The one I used was from VDO.

I don't trust nylon tubing. I replaced the one in my GT350 with a braided stainless flex hose from Russell, I think, sourced from Summit. Might be more difficult finding one long enough for a mid engine application.....

I remember having some problem with that because the Smith gage was either metric or or something else. Did your car not come with a oil pressure tube? If I remember correctly the tube that came with my car wasn't really 1/4" and wouldn't seal.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Tim, another option is once again Speed Hut. All of my original gauges are packed away carefully in a box in the closet and have been replaced with electronic versions that look identical. They're not that expensive and its not hard to pull wires. The speedo was the only one that was s little bit of a pain. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your car complete!

The nylon line in my E-type failed... sprayed oil everywhere in the drivers footwell... I put a standard copper line in and no problems since...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have looked and can't find the receipt for the fitting, but they are available at NAPA. The line and ferrule kit from NAPA is 701-2107.

Thanks all. I found the fitting on Amazon. "Anderson Metals Brass Tube Fitting, Connector, 3/16" Compression x 1/4" Male Pipe". This mates the nylon tubing to the block perfectly, with no additional adapters.

I'm still considering conversion over to copper before the first engine start.

Tim

Attachments

• 71qIxC0npwL._SL1500_.jpg
    71qIxC0npwL._SL1500_.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 71bSzkuEjHL._SL1483_.jpg
    71bSzkuEjHL._SL1483_.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 151
Back