159.6 KB · Views: 926
  • 293 - S1620 - 2348 - GT 40 - Viking Blue & Wimbledon White (15).jpg
    293 - S1620 - 2348 - GT 40 - Viking Blue & Wimbledon White (15).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,111

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Re: p2348

Very nice color combo....Who is doing your drivetrain install?

Blas.

Agreed. Steve looked long and hard before picking the Viking Blue combo. And Dennis is doing the power up. I love having a customer who knows RHD is the way and wants a vintage eligible MK I!

Reactions: lgs

Steve

Supporter

Dennis is adding a lot of goodies. The engine is from DSS racing in St. Charles, IL. Sitting in my garage. Boss 302 iron block with Dart CNC aluminum heads, shaft Jesel rockers with Ti valves and Be seats with Aviaid dry sump. Should rev to 7250-7500rpm. Compression ratio is knocked down to 10.5:1 so I can run the crappy 91 octane we have here in MN. Solid lifter roller cam is designed to work with Webers (someday?).

Attachments

• 302pic.jpg
    302pic.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • Dyno.pdf
    514.4 KB · Views: 530

Steve

Supporter

Yours truly will pop in the engine/transaxle and do a number of other items on the car too. Can't let Dennis have all the fun!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Dennis is adding a lot of goodies. The engine is from DSS racing in St. Charles, IL. Sitting in my garage. Boss 302 iron block with Dart CNC aluminum heads, shaft Jesel rockers with Ti valves and Be seats with Aviaid dry sump. Should rev to 7250-7500rpm. Compression ratio is knocked down to 10.5:1 so I can run the crappy 91 octane we have here in MN. Solid lifter roller cam is designed to work with Webers (someday?).

But for the sake of all that is holy, paint that distributor cap black! Also drill some vent holes in it, otherwise MSD caps go south in less than 1000 miles. Ask me how I know?!?!?

Steve

Supporter

I'll run the standard BRMs powdercoated in black. Avon rubber for the street and occasional HPDE. If I track it more, will get a dedicated wheel/tire combo for the track.

Good to know about the vent holes. Is it the crank case pressure that somehow filters up underneath the cap or what causes it to crap out?

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Great color and nice contrasting stripes, like the wider stripes vs the narrow usually applied by SPF. Love the gum balls painted and wrapped at the gaps.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

I'll run the standard BRMs powdercoated in black. Avon rubber for the street and occasional HPDE. If I track it more, will get a dedicated wheel/tire combo for the track.

Good to know about the vent holes. Is it the crank case pressure that somehow filters up underneath the cap or what causes it to crap out?

Steve,

No. The MSD distributors tend to create enough ozone, etc. to cause the contacts to deteriorate plus the rotor to center contact pressure is critical to adjust properly. My MK II ate the cap in less than 3000 miles. People I have shown the cap to all guess it had 50K plus on it. Do a little Googling on the issue and you will find people drilling all sorts of vent holes in the MSD caps to correct the issue.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure he's got a plan then. What led to you choosing solid roller over flat tappet or hydraulic roller? By a cam that will work with Webers do you mean higher angle lobe centers? Is it stroked? I am looking forward to hearing it run.

Steve

Supporter

Mike, the lobe profile of a solid roller is more advantageous for higher HP, that's all. There is some maintenance involved though vs hydraulic roller so that's a trade-off to be sure. If you're going with the high revving valvetrain it's probably worth it. Yes, the lobe angle is set to be used with Webers. It's a Comp Cam custom grind for that purpose. I'm starting much simpler with a Holley. Add Webers later.

Rick, I have exclusive rights to this color combo for the duration of my natural life.....:thumbsup:

Beautiful color, Steve. And I love the choice of a solid roller cam and the dry sump. Best of luck.

Back