P2334 Breathes!

She's back on the ground. The punchlist is getting short and we're getting closer!

Attachments

• 30293133305_710d553a7e_k.jpg
    30293133305_710d553a7e_k.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 535

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Damn I think you're going to beat me ha! Are you planning on doing your own alignment and camber setup?

Dave,
Thanks! Sure is music to my ears.

Mike,
I'll do a rough setup with a Fastrax gauge, just enough to drive it around the block. Then I'll take it to a proper shop.

Hi Terry I viewed your build on one of the U tube channels, but can not find it know is it still valuable and if so can you put it up on the post I'm new to the GT40.com site not sure what you can and can't do I have p2340 and your site was very informative
Bob M

Thanks Terry just the job. I have the Mk1 with Roush 347 8 stack hoping to put the engine in this week. Can you fix the headers when the engine is in, or is it best to fit them first ?

Bob

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
It would be a lot harder to get the engine maneuvered in without dinging something with them already installed.

Thank you terry finding your build line very useful. What engine mount did you use and did you bolt the bottom of the bell housing to the bottom of the rear hoop. I'm using the Safir bell housing and there are two lugs that attach to the hoop and can not find bolts to do the job?? any one else have a solution or can it be left off

Bob M

Bob,
Can I offer assistance? I've been running P2332 for for 18 months

Any photos of P2340

Bill P
Thanks Bill P, I will be looking for help, at the moment I am using Tim's very informative Flickr sit but I have a Roush 347 8 stack and about 10 miles of wiring to sort out, what it does and were it goes. I am using a Safir Bell housing that has two lugs that bolt to the bottom of the collar.
I'm I right in thinking the bolt go's though the rear frame then the collar then through the bell housing luge and then a nut tightens it all up? does that make sense.

Hello, Bob. I'm using a Quicktime bellhousing with my Roush. For the motor mounts, I am assuming you are referring to the mount between engine and chassis, on the sides. There is a big block Chevy mount available at Autozone here that works perfectly. I can get you the number if you need it.

On bolting the bottom of the bellhousing to the engine, I'll have to take a look again to remind myself. I'm not sure what you mean by "rear hoop" or "collar". The bellhousing does NOT bolt to the chassis in any way.

Back