Wheel bearing adjuster

Has anyone had trouble getting replacement bearing adjusters from SPF? Hi Tech has sent 2 batches from SA, but both have been too tight to thread on my hubs.

Attachments

• DSC_0099 (Large).jpg
    DSC_0099 (Large).jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 266
A competent lathe operator should be able to skim a bit out, take the axle/hub with you so he can custom fit... your not trying to fit LHT to RHT are you??.
Re the lathe man...think old school , not new young pups!

LOL Jacmac! No I've checked all threads are RH. As I don't have access to a lathe would running a tap thru the threads work? Replacements are .020" smaller I.D. than existing ones. Machine shops here aren't as accommodating as NZ. Don't want to bother with small stuff or don't want the liability. The problem of SPF hubs has been covered well in past posts. Some hubs have loose bearing journals, consequently the adjusters wear more and require more frequent tightening. My running 335/35/17 semi slick tires on track days doesn't help matters. I figured replacing the adjusters would at least reduce the need for frequent adjustment. I know the ideal solution is plating the journals and fabricating spacers between the 2 bearings.

Eletric chrome and grinding could do that for you. I have sent lots of cranks to them and that is where John Force sends his cranks to be repaired. They are in California I can get you the telephone # if you need it. I would check the thread depth of the spindle first I would think there is a better chance that is not deep enough as I bet the nut was tapped and the spindle was cut on a lathe

Back