location of VIN nr.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
On a plate riveted to the left side of the bulkhead in the engine compartment or on the top of the tub between the bulkhead and the rear suspension..

Attachments

• GTP2171 9-14 058 (2).jpg
    GTP2171 9-14 058 (2).jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 386
thank you Rick, I was told that there was more than one number (on one of the door pillars too) but could not find it there.

Dang Walter, of cause, why did I not think about that:thumbsup:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
thank you Rick, I was told that there was more than one number (on one of the door pillars too) but could not find it there.

There are several numbers spread around the car on small (3/4") discs that indicate the build number of the car. These are bonded to the insides of the fiberglass doors and front/real clamshells. These may or may NOT match the VIN as they are build sequence numbers and the VIN is not assigned in numerical order. I.E. the chassis may be number "2350"but the ID tags could be "2310". As some VINs are special and reserved such as "2075" the build ID tags will not match the VIN.

Some owners have added tags on the inside of the cockpit on the bulkhead where some of the FAV built cars have them.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Some owners have added tags on the inside of the cockpit on the bulkhead where some of the FAV built cars have them.

That's where 2161's VIN tag is. It looks like the OEM tag and not a owner added tag to me.

There are several numbers spread around the car on small (3/4") discs that indicate the build number of the car. These are bonded to the insides of the fiberglass doors and front/real clamshells. These may or may NOT match the VIN as they are build sequence numbers and the VIN is not assigned in numerical order. I.E. the chassis may be number "2350"but the ID tags could be "2310". As some VINs are special and reserved such as "2075" the build ID tags will not match the VIN.

Thats useful information for me, thanks Rick.

Back