RHD Shift Linkage

LHD Shift Linkage

I posted this in the "Original GT40s" area but I might have better luck here with other SPF owners. Does anyone out there have pictures of their RHD shift linkage out of the car. How did SPF solve these problem? What does the spherical bearing look like installed in an SPF car? All questions an inquiring mind want to know. As the hole for the spherical bearing is on the wrong (left drivers side) of my car I need to drill a hole on the right passenger side and I want to make sure it's in the right place. If only I had ordered a car with the steering wheel on the right side. What was I thinking.

Original Post:

I could use some help. I'm building a shifter and it would be very helpful if I knew how long the cabin shift rod extends into the sponson past the spherical bearing mounted on the firewall. Length from the firewall to the centerline of the forward U-joint of part 31. Maybe someone out there has part 31 from the drawing laying around (lol) they could post a picture of with a tape measure next to it (it could happen). Also the length of the long portion of part 31.

It would also be helpful to know the downward angle of the rod in °.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
I posted this in the "Original GT40s" area but I might have better luck here with other SPF owners. Does anyone out there have pictures of their RHD shift linkage out of the car. How did SPF solve these problem? What does the spherical bearing look like installed in an SPF car? All questions an inquiring mind want to know. As the hole for the spherical bearing is on the wrong (left drivers side) of my car I need to drill a hole on the right passenger side and I want to make sure it's in the right place. If only I had ordered a car with the steering wheel on the right side. What was I thinking.

Original Post:

I could use some help. I'm building a shifter and it would be very helpful if I knew how long the cabin shift rod extends into the sponson past the spherical bearing mounted on the firewall. Length from the firewall to the centerline of the forward U-joint of part 31. Maybe someone out there has part 31 from the drawing laying around (lol) they could post a picture of with a tape measure next to it (it could happen). Also the length of the long portion of part 31.

It would also be helpful to know the downward angle of the rod in °.

Hi Richard,

Did you get a reply about your question ?

If no I can check in my car if you want (4/5 screws to remove the linkage cover).

OliveR

I think I'm good for now thanks for the offer. This thing has turned out to be harder than I thought. Mostly just no room to work.

Attachments

• 0707171449_HDR.jpg
    0707171449_HDR.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 662
  • 0718171530_HDR-001.jpg
    0718171530_HDR-001.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 501
Back