GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

Superformance GT40s Sponsored by Superformance.

Old 11th February 2018, 08:16 PM   #1
john bach
Rookie
United States

GT40: superformance
SPFs in So Cal

i would like to know how many SPF GT40s, or any other GT40s, there are in Southern California. I live in Oxnard, Ventura County and would like to meet other '40 owners. i have seen a MK3 (owned by the Petersen Museum) at Willow Springs a number of years ago, a gennie MK1 at Willow owned by a Japanese strawberry farmer from Oxnard, and a couple other '40s of various makes. A 2005/6 (also owned by Petersen) and a MK1 at the Reagan Library a couple of years ago with my MK2. but that's it. So if you are out there and would like to meet let me know.
john bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 07:45 PM   #2
MMurphy
Rookie
United States

GT40: Mk1 SPF #2307
Re: SPFs in So Cal

John,
I have a Mk1 and live in Canyon Lake. I know of another SPF in the area and we get together once or twice a year. I also do 2-3 track events a year and you are more than welcome to join us. Just not sure about you pulling your car with a strap though😂 Did you ever locate a trailer?
Mike
MMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 05:59 AM   #3
Paul Ricard
Rookie
France

GT40: SPF P/2000

mine was 5 miles from Laguna Seca, but now she is in the south of France
Attached Thumbnails
SPFs in So Cal-laguna-seca-3-jpg  
Old 21st February 2018, 03:26 PM   #4
john bach
Rookie
United States

so many people have commented on my towing my Mk2. so as i have explained before . i towed it once to my mechanic. 13 miles. i dont intend to tow it unless i break it at Willow Springs. Butfoy and Olthoff have both said it's ok. got a sturdy tow bar, sturdy chain and lights. i have towed cars since 1949 when i had to tow my '29 Model A Ford. In '53 i towed my "32 Ford roadster from North Island NAS to Redondo Beach Ca. At night and no freeways. and have towed many cars since. never an incident. i scoff at people who trailer cars to an event. like brand new Mustangs to the Fabulous Fords Forever at Knotts. so if you and your friend are willing to get together somewhere i will bring my number 1 son and meet you.
Old 21st February 2018, 09:21 PM   #5
MHNCO
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States

GT40: SPF 2161

You towed a Model A in 1949? You're still climbing in and out of a GT40? No scoffing here that's impressive!
MHNCO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #6
john bach
Rookie
United States

Well, it takes me a minute to climb out and many people have observed that and commented and i reply "the rest of the the ride makes up for it." I'm 85 going on 86 in March. The only place i dont drive the '40 is to the grocery store. Signed up for the Edelbrock car show for Sat. May5 in Torrance Ca. Still have'nt decided to take the '40 or my "32 Ford rdstr. Got to open the '40 up this AM on a back road between Oxnard and Camarillo. No other traffic in sight both ways and hit 95. GPS speedo. Smooth straight road and lots of adrenaline. Fastest i ever drove was about 1971. was working at Holman Moody in Carlotte, NC. had been to Hutcherson Pagan shop lettering a race car. Going home South on I-77 blending onto I-85 at 100 into the fast lane up to over 120 in my '59 Ford 2 dr Ranch Wagon with a HM Tommy Turner built "67 Ford 427 side oiler. Speedo #s go to 120 and the needle was out of sight. flicking my lights and everybody got out of my way. Started slowing down for my turnoff in Mt Holly and a white Corvette who had been following me closley shot by. Wonder what he was thinking?
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #7
MHNCO
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States

GT40: SPF 2161

Wow respect!
MHNCO is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
couple, meet, mk1, owned, years