Has anyone taken the cans off the exhaust and taken the guts out? I'd like to get a bit more unmuffled sound out of the snakes.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Gus,

Several of our customers have just gone to straight pipes! Both plain diameter type and megaphones are being run on the street. Amazingly they are not as loud as you might expect as the "180 degree" system changes the tone of the exhaust.

My one customer does admit he needs to really be careful at stoplights when the sheriff is next to him however!

There are several videos on here with SPF and straight pipes, MHNCO is one.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I would suggest replicating them rather than gutting them. That way you have the option plus some tracks have DBA limits the empty cans will not meet. It's only a couple of minutes to exchange them.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Has anyone taken the cans off the exhaust and taken the guts out? I'd like to get a bit less muffled sound out of the snakes.

Sorry for the delay, but I purchased a new set of two SPF mufflers, and removed 80% of the fiberglass packing. Now I have more of a rumble for car shows; For street driving I use the two originals, which makes the neighbors happy. Soulcoaxer, Robert

Back