NEW MONOCOQUE CHASSIS

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Well fellas,
here are a few shots of the next generation chassis from RCR.

I hope you like it as this will be our basis for the current product line..

The car will be supplied with AP brakes and knock off wheels as standard and be available for less than $35,000USD as a deluxe package with lesser monocoque packages starting under $20,000USD

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Attachments

• 54621-DSC01780MOD.JPG
    54621-DSC01780MOD.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,527
The dogs dangly's as we'd say over here- very nice. What does it weigh in at Fran and have you done any torsional rigidity tests yet.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Paul,
the chassis weighs in a little over 300lbs and after the first round of torsional tests ,on an early prototype,it has shown well over 8000lbs/deg. minus rollcage. and integral seat bases which will strengthen it even more.

There is also a new extruded backbone/spine which doubles as the coolant/wiring/AC line routing tube....

Paul I am a Brit by the way so I know all about the dogs dangly bits... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif or even the "muts nuts" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very nice Fran. Is the monocoque a completely welded frame? Is there added reinforcement in stressed areas of the suspension points?

Thanks
Bill D

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,
as with any well designed "system" the chassis is stronger than you would believe in every respect...
The suspension mounts for the front suspension use a mix of laser cut and CNC formed brackets along with CNC machined aluminum "pockets" that actually bolt to the chassis and create another complete"system" within themselves...

The rears mount to the "horsecollar" area as per the original...again overly strong.......as we are in America and we all know how the legal system works... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rest assured there has been some significant engineering gone into this chassis to encompass all the criteria GT40 replica guys want...including the look of the original ....

Fran, can you PM me with a list of parts that come with the $20K and the parts that come with the $35K kit? Thanks

Bill

Fran,

Looks great, has a more authentic look to it than the tube frame (correct rear suspension and all). Just a quick question, how much did your tube frame weigh? Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing the completed chassis.

Devin

Supporter
Fran,

Simply outstanding!...looks like it is really coming together.

Couple of questions:

1. Are the fuel tanks "integral" to the chassis or are they removable?

2. Will it be set up for an Audi or Porsche tranny or both?

3. Will the suspension components still be based off of the C4 vette pieces?

4. Can you PM me the list as Bill is asking for too?

Devin

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Mike,

Yes I certainly will have at least one complete roller and another chassis on a rotisserie for everyone to look at....

The goal is to have a Mk1 car..Mk2 car and a MkIV body on display..

Fran-

Can you post some pictures of the front where the suspension mounts are and the radiator mount?

Also, can the car be ordered with RHD per the originals?

Thanks

Bill

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
RHD is no problem.....

Patience Grasshopper.!!!!!!

dont worry Bill just as the originals the front and rear hangers look and operate as per their original bretheren,
the new aluminum radiators also have the appearance of the originals.....

Fran,

Since you seem to have an aluminum fetish of late,

will there be a forthcoming aluminum body too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, that's some handsome welding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I have lots of fetishes but I am not going to tell you about them either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back