Proposed new ZFQ/ZF Ford/Chevy Bellhousing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposed new ZFQ/ZF Ford/Chevy Bellhousing

Hi guys

the ZFQ design team have developed a new proposed bellhousing that will be machined for the small block Ford but can alternatively be machined for the LS Chevy engines.
It is designed for 157 tooth Ford flywheel with 10.5" clutch and Ford Starter motor. For fitment to the Chevy the flywheel would need to be machined to take the Ford ring gear.
The ports at the top of the bellhousing allows the transaxle to be fitted or removed separately from the bellhousing making installation much easier specially on monocoque cars with limited space.…

We expect to have the first batch read by march. you will also notice that it has the authentic lower GT40 mountings essential when fitting to a GT40.

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• zf_bellhousing_071220_02.jpg
    zf_bellhousing_071220_02.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • zf_bellhousing_071220_01.jpg
    zf_bellhousing_071220_01.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,053
Chris,

You need to keep those design team members happy during the Holiday Season so the energy and drive to complete the "package" hits the shelf for end users by your target date. The attached images look great, and I can see many units going out to folks that want to update their 40. Will your housing require any special starter?

Great job, and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Chris

Thanks for the phone call, Jill was v impressed with your description of the bell housing and even more impressed that you thought she might understand a word of what you were saying:lol: Looks v. good. I will call you once I am up and about.

Best wishes to you and yours over Christmas

John

Ps you were right, I did get out of bed to see what you had posted!

Last edited:
Hi Gary

we are working very hard testing and developing the ZFQ, here are a few shots of the ZFQ in an SPF car with 500+Bhp in the USA two weeks ago. After testing the trans was returned to Quaife for further inspection.
Have a happy Christmas

regards

Chris

Attachments

• ZFQusa2.jpg
    ZFQusa2.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 9,052
  • ZFQusa7.jpg
    ZFQusa7.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 917
  • ZFQusa6.jpg
    ZFQusa6.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 910
The Spf/Olthoff cable change worked well.

regards
Chris

Attachments

• ZFQusa3.jpg
    ZFQusa3.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 926
Chris,

Is your engineering department also working on a right hand sill rod shift set-up.....or is this outside of your involvement on the project.

Hi Gary

in the UK Frank Catt has installed two right hand sill changes to the SPF using original parts from Paul Fleming. As you are in the USA you can contact Frank through this forum or Paul by email [email protected].

regards

Chris

charlie c

Lifetime Supporter
Oh this is more good news. Here is a question: From whom can I purchase / order / place a deposit on the new ZFQ transaxle? I want to insure that I am "in line" to receive a unit ASAP, but I have no idea who will be selling the thing. Suggestions? Olthoff perhaps?

BTW: I am in CA, so I must source the transaxle independently of my SPF roller and motor, in order to comply with SB100, and therefore cannot have my drivetrain installer supply the unit.

Thanks!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Chris,

I have a couple of guys wanting your bellhousings over here as they have not decided what engine to use and would like to keep their options open...

Any idea on when and how much..??

Hi Guys

the time frame on the bellhousing is the end of March and the price is £450. Our testing of the ZFQ has proven to us that the lower mountings designed in to this bellhousing and on the original GT40 bellhousing's (small flywheel) are essential to anchor the whole drive train package.

Regards

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back