Racing Ford GT-R.....with RCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am proud to announce that the Robertson Racing Ford GT-R..built by Doran racing will be carrying some rather large RCR decals for the 08 ALMS season
:: ROBERTSON RACING ::

The team has two GT's...one a track mule with minor mods running the stock 5.4 SC engine...for parts development..(thats where RCR comes in.),

The full blown GT-R will be running NA Yates 5.0 engines per the rules, with an Emco DP transaxle....

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey hey now, can you score some pit passes for your GT40s.com buddies????

Congratulations Fran, very nice and looking forward to seeing the racing!

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Would love to see some RCR cars running ALMS someday Fran....

Man would the T70 or 917 open a few eyes and ears?? OH YES!!!! I think it would bring tears to my eyes!!!!

Would love to see some RCR cars running ALMS someday Fran....

The SL-C looks like a helluva platform for ALMS to me...
It just needs to be homologated to run GT class, and it would be a serious weapon. I don't know how that is supposed to work, but I know that Enzo never much cared...

Hey,

I think I caught a brief glimse of a car that looked like a Ford GT on the Sebring telecast this morning! I will be keeping my eyes peeled, if its got RCR decals it's the right one.

Cool

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thats the one......

They have had a hard time with the engines and are really under the gun setting up the car due to really late delivery .....

David Murry is a good driver and he says the car is handling well but is currently about 40hp down and also lacking about 200lbs of downforce ....
they will get there as the season progresses I am sure...

More power to them for being privateers and running something cool and different....

Watching right now. I guess they had zero track testing. The goal just finishing today and that will be a great start for the team. They're expecting good things out of this car.

Great to see. My first televised ford gtr I've seen.

Sure was fun watching the Ford GT-Rs with RCR decals running at Sebring on Speed. I thought I saw one was as high as 9th place in the class they run. I know they had a good test as they kept saying how Sebring is so demanding on the equipment. They may replay some of the race at a later time, which would be worth watching.

I happened to catch the car hitting the tire wall.... that sucks. They did say several more cars coming down the pipe, so that's good.

charlie c

Lifetime Supporter
It was GREAT to see an RCR sticker in ALMS!

GO FRAN!!! rockonsmile

But a bummer to see it hit the tire wall... :mad:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Pre wall....

Attachments

• 40_SEB5997_1200.jpg
    40_SEB5997_1200.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4,516
Does anybody have a static picture of it in traffic?

At one point around the 6 hour mark of the race there were good shots of it from the front and it's roof line looked to be a good 4" lower than the Ferrari's. The Porsches looked like VW beetles in the same picture. \

The handeling seemed to be well sorted, as it made some passes on the outside of corners that no one dared go! I hope they can continue for the season.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I had a long chat today with the team.....

They are really pleased with the cars handling..as with any new programme there was long laundry list of teething troubles but the goal was to learn as much as possible.

Other than the faux pas into the tyres the team were jazzed and really looking forward to running hard and strong the rest of the season.

The car shares next to nothing with a Ford GT...its actually 4 inches wider than a GT....and has more in common with a DP.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a static picture of it in traffic?

I'm working on editing a video of the car's race experience last Saturday, but for now, I've grabbed a couple of stills to try and help you see:
turn+3+tele.jpg

A good bit shorter than the Porsche in front of it.

caution+drive+by1.jpg

shorter than the Vettes, too

out+of+front+pace+car.jpg

a beautiful car.

BTW, I just found this forum... hi everybody

-johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back