***Vinyl Sun Visors***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I made a template off my windscreen for the sun visor and tweaked it in my CAD program to use with the digital cutter. Made one this afternoon and applied it - fits very well. I over-sized it just a bit in case other makes of windscreen are slightly larger, shaped differently.

The depth of the visor can be made larger, the one shown is a 6 inch. The material shown is matte black but the best type of film would be the translucent type, very durable and comes in a wide range of colors. It will not come off either by the wiper blade or at high speed, installation is quick (10 minutes).

Pricing is $50.00 USD and will be added to the Raceline store this week.

As always, comments and helpful suggestions are welcome.

Chris

Attachments

• Sun Visor_01.jpg
    Sun Visor_01.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Sun Visor_02.jpg
    Sun Visor_02.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 441
  • Sun Visor_03.jpg
    Sun Visor_03.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 508

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'll be damned! I was thinking about dropping you a line to see if you could do this. I'm gonna do this, the car needs it. Translucent is the was to go. How about a greenish dark tint?

Do you think you could post a few small examples held up to some light against a white background? Six inch squares would do if they are in color.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Here's a pic of our Gulf promo CAV GT with the top band in medium blue. Oh yeah, the light bar on the roof was for Pace Car duties at the Toronto Indy and Mosport Vintage Festival.

Really helps reduce glare and greenhouse effect but was a SOB to do as window tint film was hand cut then installed from the inside. I now have tremendous admiration for the guys who apply tint film all day.

We've used Chris' decals on several projects and you can't beat the quality. This is the way to go and bravo to Raceline Digital for making them available.

Cheers

Attachments

• CAV1075Lights3.jpg
    CAV1075Lights3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 420
Hi Howard,

There are some colors that are better than others for the tint but I can get dark greens, blue's yellow's and red's. I have some samples coming in this week.

Thanks for posting the pics guys, at least I know others are using them and that they do work well. Thanks Ian, they can be a challenge to install, especially from the inside! That said, I can make them for inside or outside depending on where you want it. Hopefully the application guide I provide will make it easier for either location.

Will post some pics of the colors next-

Chris

Howard Jones

Supporter
Chris, as you know I have put your products on my car, roundels, numbers, decals and sill stripes. I have found them all to be very easy to do. I look forward to see what you have come up with.

Hi Chris,

Looks a great product. As I've not got my windscreen fitted yet I guess now would be a good time to get this done as fitting to the inside of the screen will be much easier. Not sure what colour I want though. I'll sit on it for a while and PM you when I'm ready.
Cheers,
Martin

Hi guys,

I'll have color samples to show you tomorrow. It won't be a rainbow of colors but more of the Blue's, Green's, Black etc.

That said, Fred I will have these in the store come the end of the week as I didn't get far with it last week. Thanks Martin, would be easier with the windscreen out for sure. It will be in the Raceline store shortly, order at your leisure.

Chris

Chris,

Bravo for creating another great product. However, there is a semantic problem--technically a windshield visor is the movable, solid thing mounted against the headliner on the inside of the car--you know, the thing your S.O. flips down to look at her makeup in the mirror?

I don't know exactly what you would call the thing you're selling, but it for sure ain't a visor.

A-ha. Google searches have just revealed that it is customarily called a 'windshield strip'.

FWIW....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back