New GT40s.com Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd like to welcome a new vendor to the site, Cubic Performance, who offers a complete line of microprocessor controlled GT40 gauges.

GT40 Gauges

Please check them out!

Ron

Thanks Ron

We are excited to be part of your community and hopefully we can add some value, as we are real fans of these cars.

We will offer a $100 discount on our GT40 set for the balance of 2008 to all registered GT40.com members who purchase before Dec 31, 2008. Please let us know when you are ordering.

Some features about our GT40 Gauges: they are all electronic, stepper motor driven, microprocessor controlled, that are accurate within 2%,( which makes a difference at critical upper thresholds)and feature 270 sweep movement ( much easier to read than 90 degree sweep)

With the 90 Sweep there’s so little indicator movement between increments on the face you have to really squint to see if the indicated water temp is actually 160 or 200, or if the oil pressure really did drop 20 lbs on that last corner! Not a good situation for a really high performance automobile

From our Website Review of our Gauges from Pete Brock
:

" I’ve always favored these older style “270” SW mechanical gauges, as that’s what was used in the six original Daytona coupes, but lately technology has surpassed these old reliables. Tom Kirkham of Kirkham Automobiles, the finest builder of alloy bodied replica Cobras* on earth, recently showed me what they are now using in their roadsters. I was really impressed as these new instruments had everything I’d previously admired in the old SW mechanicals, but found these new units were electric and of the finest accuracy and quality. The transducer (as opposed to a less accurate resistive type sender) in the pressure gauges for oil and fuel, for example, are within 2%! (even the best I’d seen previously were about 6% accurate) and with instant reading these new gauges easily surpass the performance of the old style mechanical ones I’ve long been using.

"The new faces still retain the neat white lettering on a black background we’re so familiar with on the SW type but somehow these are much cleaner and nicer. In addition to the improved accuracy these new units are lighter and require about half as much space behind the panel. (If you’ve looked back there to fix your wiper motor rod you know what I’m talking about…shudder.) BRE evaluated these instruments, selected the best combination for the Coupe and created a BRE Instrumentation Package especially for Coupes."

Our GT40 gauges..... are illuminated though the face thus eliminating back-scatter light. This type of lighting provides crisp striking resolution and contrast at night.I realize that many of you may OE gauges already but if you wish to upgrade we offer a life-time warranty on our gauges, the longest in the industry. In addition we can configure your gauges with Peak Recall for every gauge if you prefer, just call us.

Again, from Tom Kirkham and I, we are excited about being here and supporting your online community.

Rick Lee
Tom Kirkham's Cubic Performance
Kirkham Performance Gauges
(801)678-8222

I'm helping a friend build a FFR (shh) Spyder, and he is using a variant of these gauges. They look great, and seem to be very high quality, though we haven't yet hooked them up.

Just a data point.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am proud to say that these are the Gauges supplied in future RCR Deluxe plus kits...
Rick has been working on them for me for about 6 months...
They are a great piece and I look forward to having a new stock very soon...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I am proud to say that these are the Gauges supplied in future RCR Deluxe plus kits...
They are a great piece and I look forward to having a new stock very soon...

Hmmmm.... Do you take trade-in's ??? :)

I visited the website and have to say that I REALLY like those new gauges....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Only if they have wheels.....

No problem.. I'll toss the box in the front seat of my VW Cabriolet, put a stamp on the windshield and drop it off at the Post! :)

Gotta unload that V-Dub somehow... :D

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
A VW...and you such a pro American kinda guy too....

I read Dave Smiths post today...and I was moved....and concurr

Even though I am a "Limey B*stard" I am proud to do what I do in the States ,and as my kids and wife are all from here ...and we have family serving in the Military ..it is home...

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We have the prototype set in house and they are really nice......small packaging too which is great for behind the dash.

Posted By Fran: I am proud to say that these are the Gauges supplied in future RCR Deluxe plus kits...
They are a great piece and I look forward to having a new stock very soon... __________________
FRAN HALL replica manufacturer.....
Fran - Could I possibly fall in that category if I :D & :pepper: around all over the place?

Hi,
I have the Cobra version of these gauges in my Kirkham Cobra and I can confirm, they are superb. As a bonus, they look terrific lit up at night as well as the white needles glow bright red, very cool. :)
Cheers,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back