Rcr europe parts / spinner tool

Hi all,

in search for a approbriate tool to open and close the spinners on the original style BRM´s i found this one.
Especially with the deepdished rearwheels it realy is a challenge to work with the leadhammer. I just want to be damned sure that the wingnut is as tightened as it should be.

Personally i think for most of us the only way to asure this is using a torque wrench to tighten the wingnut, because i wouldn´t have the experience to work with the leadhammer and still be hundret percent sure i achieved the torque necesarry.

These tools provide the perfect solution for this task.
They are very made for each specific application and should just be used accordingly.
Existing of high quality materials ( aerospace quality aluminum hardened and anodised) and manufactured to highest precision standards, well in this times with overflow of "eastern" tools the only expression which fits best is
"MADE IN GERMANY"

They are availabe now through us for your application.

These custom tools fit three eared spinners for the removal of Halibrand wheels or BRM wheels.
CobraFluegelgrau.jpg

Due to the standard 1 " drive it is now possible to apply the correct torque when fitting or removing the wheel. The tools consist of a hardened aluminium alloy which makes them particularly strong while staying light and portable ( weight app 1 kg). A special plastic-inlay protects your precious wheel-nuts from being scratched or dinted.
LMG3neu.jpg

We also have tools available for the borrani style wingnuts of the different dimensions ( please specify when order)
MESSDATEN_FMB-32_300.gif

MESSDATEN_FMB_32-3_300.gif

MESSDATEN_FMB_42-3_300.gif

MESSDATEN_FMB_42_300.gif

These custom tools fit three eared spinners for the removal of spoked wheels on Ferrari and Borrani. Due to the standard 3/4"" drive it is now possible to apply the correct torque when fitting or removing the wheel.
FMB_32_160grau.jpg

For those with a 3/4" ratchet we supply a adaptor from 1" to 3/4".
1-34NEU.jpg

Also available are sockets for octagon nuts
MutterF40Shop.jpg

These custom tools fit 8-point-nuts for the removal of spoked wheels. Due to the standard ¾ " drive it is now possible to apply the correct torque when fitting or removing the wheel. The tools consist of a hardened and anodized aluminium alloy which makes them particularly strong while staying light and portable.
FMB65grauneu.jpg

Sizes available are from 64, 70, 75, to 85 mm and are made to fit your type. Please specify your application.

To take this nice tools with you on the road we have textile duffelbags with anti-corrosive lining for tools. This bags are available for the tool itself as also for the ratchet .

Werkzeuggrau-1.jpg

PRICES:
  • HELIBRAND , BRM TOOL = 249 EURO
  • BORRANI TOOL = 299 EURO
  • 8 Socket TOOL = 111 EURO to 249 EURO ( depends on application)
  • 3/4" to 1" adaptor = 19 EURO
  • Duffelbag = 17 EURO
SHIPPING:
  • UK up to 5 kg = 20 EURO
  • USA up to 5 kg = 35 EURO
  • AUS / NZ up to 5 kg =45 EURO
  • others on request
Thanks

TOM

Tom,

Tool in action

Bigfoot,

When placing the tool onto the spinner, it is simply gliding off the spinner when unscrewing (sorry for my blunt English);it has no back end spinner blocking system ...unless you explain me (simple minded guy) how to use it properly ...

Tx
Fred

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

Tool in action

Bigfoot,

When placing the tool onto the spinner, it is simply gliding off the spinner when unscrewing (sorry for my blunt English);it has no back end spinner blocking system ...unless you explain me (simple minded guy) how to use it properly ...

Tx
Fred

Fred, do you own the same tool as the one in the pictures? I do not own one, but it appears to have an overhanging "lip" to lock the spinner whether you are tightening or loosening it.

Hi

See the following picture. Pay attention to the noses of the driver plates (red arrows), which locate the tool safely over the spinner and asures a positive lock.

FMB_42-3_300_M.jpg

TOM

Fred,

Sorry i don´t understand your comment, the picture above shows pretty detailed how the tool engages on the spinner. What do you mean ?

PLease show pictures of your tool, i would be very interested to see if it is the same concept or not.

TOM

Hi Tom,

1.There seems to be some confusion that I was criticising your tool.
Pls ensure that I was only making the remark on my own tool.
Sorry for confusion on subject.
I will make a pic of my tool and send to you by mail.

2.you mention 'see the following picture'.For one reason or another I cannot have access to the picture.

Rgds
Fred

Tom

I recall doing some research on the recommended torque figures on triple eared GT40 nuts but can't recall the result. Do you happen to know what they should be?

You have an excellent looking tool by the way........:lol:...........rarely seen such a big one!

Thanks

John

Tom

Oops, found this posting I made earlier in the year, do you agree?

Re: Care & Feeding of Knock-Off / On wheels
Found this on the Cobra Forum (thanks Dean), actual torque numbers

"Center lock nuts/ spinners should be torqued to 400 ft./lbs.
This is common knowledge in the pits. Using a gun we have to hook it to a big nitrogen bottle to get the suckers loose. At 400 lbs. they still need to be checked after every run as they may have loosened 3 degrees or so. Also, remember the temp of the assembly matters.
I use a torque wrench(48" long 3/4" drive)."

John

John,

The numbers i heard of and i will use are pretty similar. I will torque my wheels with 500 Nm (370 lbs/ft) .

The issue is always the opening, because the break off moment could be well up to 800 Nm. So you need a decent 3/4" or 1" drive wrench ( not a ratchet) with a long actuation lever (> 1m).
For fastening i´m using a 3/4" drive torque wrench which is capable of 800 Nm and is 80 cm (32" )long.
TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Have you ever tried to torque a lug nut or knock-off nut to 300-400 ft pounds?

I'll just warn you well ahead of time - you may not be able to do so with a wrench/lever without assistance on these cars. They will want to roll - even when left in gear. I'm not even so sure that the parking brake would have enough tension.

I had a 40' Diesel motorcoach that weighed 26,000#. Each of the 8 lug nuts per wheel was to be torqued to 275 ft pounds. Boy did I look the fool the first time I went to torque the wheels when the brake was not set (wheels were chocked).. The bus was rocking back and forth. :)

Impact guns impart the force by "shock" but are terribly inaccurate at maintaining a consistent torque due to a number of variables (air pressure and delivery are two)..

I think that Lead Hammers would be at least equally as inaccurate as the Impact gun - and it would be hard to get a decent swing at the spinner when it's hiding inside of those gloriously deep wheels...

I bought the Alloy tool from Allen English for use on my car. It's quite similar to this one;

Tool.jpg

The key difference in the one that I purchased from Allen and this tool is that mine has a hub relief machined into the center where the tool will fit over the protruding threaded knock-off hub..
The other thing is that the tool I have does not have a 3/4" drive hole machined in the opposite end but it will have when I'm done re-working it..

Back