'Billboard' Tire Stencils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

If you're looking for the large letter or 'billboard' style tire I have created paint mask stencils that replicate the vintage racing Blue Streaks, Avon's and Firestone's.

Just apply the mask, apply tire paint (which can be purchased from most auto parts stores) and remove. These are setup for the 15 inch wheel/tire combo (225-245 front's & 275-315 rear's) but can do other sizes.

Will be sold as a set of 4. I might also supply the paint for a complete kit.

Chris

Attachments

• GoodyearBillboard_01.jpg
    GoodyearBillboard_01.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19,177
  • Firestone_01.jpg
    Firestone_01.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 10,264
  • Avon_01.jpg
    Avon_01.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,018
Hi Guys,

The price for the set of 4, regardless of which type you want will be $60.00 CAD and comes with an application guide. You shouldn't have to shave anything off the side-wall as the mask will provide good adhesion and coverage for painting. As long as the surface is clean, free of tire shine and not done in cold weather (as the mask may not stick well) it should be a fairly easy application.

As for the paint, it would probably be more cost effective for you guys to pick a can locally or see the link that Allen provided, it looks like the perfect product http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Thanks for the input guys, I will be listing the stencils later this afternoon.

Chris

Will these stencils fit pretty close over the existing lettters on the billboards?

Hi there - couldn't say for sure but it would be interesting to see if they can be sized to cover the existing letters for guys wanting to freshen up the paint. I have no idea if the lettering sprayed by Good Year was always the same size and in the same position for all billboards.

Trying out a couple and comparing would be the only way to tell.

Chris

Chris - in regards to the GoodYear Billboard tires lettering. The lettering on the tires I had did have a raised outline for the letters. They do spray paint them pretty bad and that is why I removed the paint and re-paint them myself. I would usually mask off the lettering using the raised edge as a guide. I will look for some pictures of my GoodYear Billboard tires if you would like a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back