TSC GT40 builds in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for any build or ongoing projects being built in the USA. I live in Virginia, and I would like to get the inside prospective of a build going on right here in the US. I have lots of questions, and would like to know what I'm getting into before I bite the bullet, so to say.
Thanks,
Lile Stevens

Lile,

Check out chassis #875's build thread here in the Tornado forum.

In a few weeks it will be updated with our new rear alloy uprights.

I also sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Scott

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry to hijack the thread, Lile, but I need to ask Scott a question----

....any progress on the carbon fiber mono project? Just curious.....looking forward to seeing that build thread, even if it will have the steering wheel on (IMHO!) the wrong side.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Its exceeding even our expectations.

Progress continues but I have no "Facts" I can publicly share at the moment.

Ok, maybe one .... a young English boy (13 I think) has lifted a chassis tub over his head.

Stay tuned.

S

Bill, I'm in Mechanicsville, VA, just outside of Richmond. How about the Tornado kit...anyone building one of them around here?
Lile

lile, i dont know anyone with a tornado, although they are very simular to the roaring 40s in that the are both spaced frames with allumium skins and build process would be the same amount of work. if you want to see what your getting into, the tornado quality looks good from all the pictures ive seen so far and if your gonna build it all yourself you will still have 100s of hours worth of work in it let me know if you are interested in coming up this way. it would be about an hour and a half drive for you.

Lile,

Good chatting with you last week.

An RF40 is basically a TS40 copy.

Panelling the frame is easy on our cars, and is laid out step by step in our build manual.

If I remember correctly it was just a couple of weeks.

I demonstrated that a complete car with options, can be built, painted and registered in six months.

If my 1st bodyman did not get sick, it would have been done in just over 4 months.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/22724-tornado-ts40-875-a.html

Cheers,
S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back