Free Upgrade / Retrofit

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi guys,

It's posted on the maufacturers sub forum but you may have missed it. The new aluminum parking brake bracket(s) are available to all CAV GT owners with our fabricated steel rear uprights. This applies even if you are not the original owner.

Please note, this is not a recall or safety notice, the stock parking brake bracket which came with car is just fine.

The reason for the retrofit part is to cut unsprung weight and provide greater clearance between the the lower shock mount and the parking brake cable. Looks cool, makes new installs simpler and saves over 1 pound per side.

It's also customer appreciation, thankyou!

If you'd like a set please call with current ship to information. Also I would like you to chip in for the shipping and handling, thanks.

The part itself is not for sale, rather it will be included in all new rear upright orders as part of the package.

Cheers

Attachments

• CAVPBRParkingBrakeBracket3.jpg
    CAVPBRParkingBrakeBracket3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 287
  • CAVPBRParkingBrakeBracket2.jpg
    CAVPBRParkingBrakeBracket2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 239
  • CAVPBRParkingBrakeBracket1.jpg
    CAVPBRParkingBrakeBracket1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 273
  • FourCornerKitNPBR1wArms.jpg
    FourCornerKitNPBR1wArms.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 400

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Syed,

No but it's another good reason to pick up a set of uprights. I'd be worried about your lower clevis pins... The castings are too bulky around the mounting area and adjacent material outwards from the upright center.

The uprights will save another pound per side of unsprung weight, you'll pick up anti-squat, reduce camber climb and rear bump steer, cut way back on heat soak to the bearings and CV joints and more traction - it's all good. Thanks for asking though.

Cheers

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Syed,

About your clevis pins, I must apologize, you received the last of our billet steel mounting block kits for the original CAV cast uprights. These blocks include a bearing support snout for the .750id monoball - so no I don't worry about your lower clevis pins, they'll be just fine. It's the cars with rubber bushes as in the stock Series 100 A-Arms I worry about...

Cheers

Back