New Sponsor- Time Machines Motorsports Superformance Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
As of today, Time Machines Motorsports LLC, a Superformance dealer, is now a sponsor at GT40s.com. I have been a member here for over eight years and a GT40 enthusiast since 1963.....I have the brochure Ford sent to all Ford dealers in 1963 to let them in on the GT and the fact that Ford was going International Sports Car racing. As a member of a Ford dealer family (since 1919) I bled "Ford Blue" and I can remember hearing the news in June 1964 that the GTs had "failed" at LeMans.....as sad day in my young life.

I had the distinct pleasure to see the Gulf GT40s run the Watkins Glen 6 hour FIA races in the sixties and followed anything "GT40" as best I could. My first GT40 "first hand encounter" came at a local new car auto show when the local Shelby dealer had a GT on display. I still remember being chided for reaching over the ropes to touch it!

Some years later I had the chance to meet Peter Thorp of Safir and visited his works in the UK. This led to my brokering a sale to a friend of P1116 and for some years I had the car in my shop for storage, work and the occaisonal outing to Watkins Glen. I had the car at the 1989 GT40 reunion there and it remains a high point in my automotive life, my family was there to share the fun and we all enjoyed the cars and more importantly, the flellowship that occured that weekend.

So now some years later I am a Superformance dealer and have THREE GT40s on the ground, alas they are for sale, but someday soon my own chassis will be built and my lifelong dream will come true.

We are located in a suburb of Buffalo, NY so as to serve the Northeast and Canada but will deliver anywhere and welcome inquiries and calls.

Time Machines Motorsports LLC
"The WAYBACK to driving fun!"
PO Box 492
Clarence Center, NY 14032-0492
716-407-0975
rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com

Attachments

• GT40s 007.jpg
    GT40s 007.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 552
  • GT40s 015.jpg
    GT40s 015.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 543
  • GT40s 023.jpg
    GT40s 023.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rick - Great story and even better that you're also here to support GT40s!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Rick,

Nice to have you here as a vendor. I, and I know many other forum members, have appreciated your contributions over the years.

Thanks much,
Ron

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Good for you Rick, I wish you all the luck, its a tough time to start a business but thats what separates the men from the boys!

Rick,

Good luck to you and Time Machines. You can tell by the three initial cars you ordered that you are a true, blue GT40 maven. I'm sure you'll do what ever it takes to please a perspective buyer.

Best wishes!

Rick, I have always enjoyed your posts and I admire your faith in our economic future!
SPF is a great product and I wish you well.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back