Hartwell Latche replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I am unsure what thread to air my thoughts but im sure someone will be so kind as to move it if there is a more appropriate location on the forum!

On to the important stuff!

I am looking at pricing for a run of hartwell latch replica's, they will be similar to the MDA's (as they were pretty good to begin with) but not the same for obvious reasons and will be a complete fresh redesign.

I am currently half way throuh the design phase so if anyone is interested in a set or could recomend any modifications they would think would be beneficial in fitment or general use now would be the time to express your opinions!

Please PM me with an email address if you are interested as I will add you to the list and update you when I have a price and availability.

Regards,
Adam

You may contact me on: 07595 975 777

Last edited:
Re: Hartwell Latch replica

Hi guys,

Just a quick update:

Engineering drawings have gone off for quotation and will hopefully have a price in a week or so.

Its still not too late for any changes so please take a look at the screen grabs and give me some feedback.

Regards,
Adam

Attachments

• Hartwell 1.jpg
    Hartwell 1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 524
  • Hartwell 2.jpg
    Hartwell 2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 447
  • Hartwell 3.jpg
    Hartwell 3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 516
  • Hartwell 4.jpg
    Hartwell 4.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 439

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Adam - VERY nice work!

I really like the mounts. These would make a nice fit...

Please keep us posted!

Unfortunately these work out at about £350 a set without my markup on them, which tbh is far too much and so I do not think I will be going ahead with getting a batch made.

However I would be willing to work with a company/other parties if they would like to purchase the drawings.

Considering how cheap things can be made in the states somebody there might be able to knock down the production costs considerably.

If anybody is interested in this proposition then please contact me on 07595 975 777 or PM me.

Regards,
Adam

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I'm currently investigating whether I can get these fabricated locally in the US at a viable price..... I will post here when I have more info and have worked something out with Adam.

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Hartwell Latches

If anyone is interested, I currently produce reproduction hartwell latches. These are exact copies of the originals, using the same construction style. The word "Press" is in raised lettering and not engraved.

Whoa, wait. So we have one thread started by a vendor, posted on by another vendor, and then another fellow that makes parts but isn't a vendor and comes in and posts?

Foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back