Active Power GT

Just had our customer send some pictures of his car, he's got about 800 miles on it. 2580 lbs with full tanks.

Attachments

• Schutz Left Side.jpg
    Schutz Left Side.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Karls Car at Show.jpg
    Karls Car at Show.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 867
  • Schutz Front.jpg
    Schutz Front.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 778
  • Schuetz Rear.jpg
    Schuetz Rear.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 903
  • Schutz Right Side.jpg
    Schutz Right Side.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 885

Keith

Very nice. Subtle differences in chassis and interesting swiveling front end. Not seen that before - how does that work out with the rad connections?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice Chris!!!
Looks like this customer opted to have tubular upper control arms rather than the Corvette ones. Or are they all that way from AP now?
Please introduce your customer to the GT40s.com forums - we could use some fresh blood here..
BTW
I like the green!

-edit-
Keith, there are many of us that have made our front clips tilt. The radiator remains stationary.

Keith

Fool that I am Randy! I was trying to picture how the rad normally lay and I added two + one and it came to five. The sight of the unusually placed top hose somehow forced a conclusion that there was a swivel in there somewhere. :stunned:

Blame the meds...:lipsrsealed:

Still, nice looking car.. :thumbsup:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yes the top hose is a bit unconventional for a GT40. I'm sure it's been tested by Chris..

Hey guys,
Thanks for the comments. This car has the fabricated upper arms. We were doing that actually for alignment purposes. The heims just made it easy to get the wheel alignment from up top but now we are using simple shims on the upper fronts and retain the stock C5 arm. The rear alignment uses the conventional lower Cam set up. We offer complete fabricated arms for track use but the rubber of poly bushings in the stock arms really are the way to go for the street.
Here's some pictures of the standard set up now, uses off the shelf arms.
That radiator is stationary we were using an off the shelf core and modifying it. We're using a radiator with both the in and out coming from the bottom now.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCN0981.JPG
    DSCN0981.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 972
  • DSCN0982.JPG
    DSCN0982.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 961

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I've always liked the C5 Vette suspension and think it would be pretty darned hard to engineer anything better for these cars...

After all - GM spent mega millions developing that car... Even the stock compliant bushings for the C5 should be substantial enough even for most competitive driving venues..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Might want to check with Fran at RCR as well...
If I were 10 years younger, I’d be a player, but......
Are you selling off the Gasser Molds too?

Best of luck to you Chris...

Thanks Randy, well I sold the Gasser molds to finance the GT business. Funny you mentioned Fran Hall because it was when I was at the Carlisle Kit Car show with my Willys Pickup launching that was the first year RCR was there with all the GT Cars. It was the drive home from that show was when I made my plans in my head to sell off the Hot Rod business and get into building the GT Cars.

Anyway concerning my looking for a home for this business something is coming together that should be a good deal. I'm going to stay involved doing the chassis work and will have help with the growth. That's the problem I was dealing with, I was having trouble managing the growth at a time in my life I want to start winding things down. Looks like some help has come along. Pretty excited about it, we'll make an anouncement when we get it worked out.

There's a new car involved too,

Chris

It was a tough decision to sell my freezer trawler a few years back but when its time it time.Good luck FRIEND and thanks Don

Still looking for a partner to help with marketing and production, anyone out there? Good opportunity. Would like to target the Vintage and Track Car market more agressively.

Back