Looking for Comstock GT40 pictures

Hi all
I have just found this site while surfing for pictues of Eppie Wietzes and the Comstock GT40. I found a beautifull image of Wietzes at Mosport going through turn 5 during the 1966 Players 200. This was in reference to a painting from an artist in Vancouver. If that painting exists I would love to own a copy.

I have always found the unique enlarged radiator duct nose to be asthetically the definitive nose for the GT40 and only Comstock had it. The other car so equiped crashed at Sebring. (There is an excellent picture of GT40P/1000 in Ronnie Spain's book on GT40's page 53). Chassis 1037 is currently owned by the Marsh family of Worthington Ohio USA. It no longer carries the 'nose'.

I would love to see more Comstock GT40 pictures and also any Comstock Mustang GT350 and Sedan pictures. I practically lived at Mosport and Harewood during the 60's and early 70's and I even had a chance to visit the shops once. (I was at Harewood when Eppie destroyed the 'nose' when he collided with a backmarker). Further pictures show the car with a standard GT40 nose as at Westwood.

Unfortunately I lost all of my newspaper clippings and photo's during a move in the late 1970's. I am an unabashed Comstock GT40 groupieand need a fix bad!!! If anyone can help out I would be greatful. Let me know. We could swap stories.

Tagg

Last edited:
Back