Interesting GT40 clip...

Hi Cliff

Indeed, very good clip, not only regarding the car. You can also find the original wear of "racer-outfits" on these days, regarding helmets, overalls etc. From this point of view, the clip is a real "trouvaille" as they say in french.

Cheers from Switzerland Marcel.

Neat and informative clip. A couple of things popped out at me. For one, note how stable the car is at speed as illustrated by the driver's hands-off in the corner at high speed. I'm sure those of you who have had their car over 100 mph will agree. Mine seems to be right at home from 80 mph on up to 200. Secondly, when the driver slides in there's no extra room once in place. He's wedged in, albeit comfortably. You've have to be "normal" size to fit in the GT40, or should I say, "Put on the car!"

I haven't seen that in along time! Great movie!
I wonder if they got those white jackets from the Shelby team?

I remember a buddy of mine introduced me to that film clip many years ago, which resulting my falling in Love with the GT40. I have now saved that clip...Thanks!

Note the lack of any sort of guardrails whatsoever! If you blew a tire and turned right, you would wind up in lower earth orbit....

Back