GT40 at SPA

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I would love to race that track....

Seemed the driver of this car was taking it relatively easy.. Cold tires most likely...

I attended two F1 qualifing sessions back in the early 1990s, and it is a fantastic race course. Yup, the driver at Eau Rouge didn't push too hard. Hard to imagine that F1 cars go through there with foot to the floor.

Dom

Hi all
I am the tired driver from the video.
It was my second time at Spa and for my car it was the first time on a racetrack.
The video was taken in the second lap of driving there.My problem for a much
quicker lap was an leaking Oilcooler.In only one lap without the cooler the
tempreature climb from 80 C° to 137 C° with that low rpm drive.
I am very pleased with the handling of the GT on road tires.(neutral handling in corners)
There is some work on a lap time of 3,10 min.
On the next try at Spa i think it will be possible a little under 3.00 minutes.

I think that i'm getting old or (i don't want to crash it)

Regards: TONI KLUTH

Hi Toni,

When I saw the SU on your license plate, I knew you wre local to Spa. I lived in Koeln for 7 years until 1994.

I suspect you don't want to crash the car.

Have you had the GT40 on the Autobahn yet?

Best
Dom

Eine schones sonntag morgan autofahren in Deutschland !!!

Sorry, but I tried to see the ausfahrt names and couldn't quite read them. This was a bit faster than 235 km run in a 3 litre Alfa 75 between Koeln and Bonn.

Best
Dom

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Toni, nice bit of video production.:thumbsup: It must be fantastic to drive such a circuit, I can only do it on PlayStation.
Your car sounds great.

Hey Tony, I live vicariously through your viedos. I do have a GT 40 MK1, and I realy enjoy watching you drive, PLEASE KEEP SENDING THE VIEDOS. where I live we can only drive 55 MPH :cry: USA. AS Sammy Hager says. I can't drive 55

Back