Claude Nahum at Spa Onboard

Lifetime Supporter
The car is 1078. It was jus one intersting lap. If any of you guys are intersted I will try and send you a film which contains parctically the whole race.

Wow, fantastic footage Claude. That sweet sound!

Thanks for posting it!

Geez, Eau Rouge looks frightening in a GT40, I just couldn't imagine sweeping through there in an F1 car!

Is that camera positioned upon a gyroscopic mount? The pic is so stable, even though I can see the dash and body moving about.

Cheers.

Steve.

Stephen, you'r right about Eau Rouge. But after talking to drivers what seems even more frightening is that because of the profile of the hill they have to commit to the left curve at the top before it can be seen.
John

Lifetime Supporter
1078 is a small block. Actually a 302 cu in. The engine gave 434 hp on the dyno.

The camera is actually the Vbox Video from Racelogic in the UK. It is actually a data logging system coupled to aa dual camera video equipment fixed simply to the windscreen with suction cups. The data logging gives you trace on track, speed, accelerations etc and serves to analyse the drive.

Those who want the film e-mail me their adresses and i will send them a copy as soon as I make them.

Stephen, you'r right about Eau Rouge. But after talking to drivers what seems even more frightening is that because of the profile of the hill they have to commit to the left curve at the top before it can be seen.
John

You are quite right - the clipping point on the left as you go over the brow is out of sight. I am no expert on this, but I have driven Spa a number of times, albeit not in a GT40, and I think the secret is to not alter steering (which should be more or less straight by then), brake or throttle as you go over the hump at the top (when the car goes light). Assuming you have the right line, it is then not so frightening and all should be well! Get it wrong, however, and there is not much room for recovery - with Armco awaiting you.

Chris

Sorry to bother anyone, just wondering if anyone had the codes to Claude's car, I sent him a pm but now feel embarrased to bother him.....

Also wondering if there were any other links to Claude's 40 racing elsewhere.

Thanks much!

-Rod D

Back