253 mph Ford GT

Amazing to be able to do that with 2WD. Kind of surprising somebody hasn't turned up the boost on a 4WD Veyron and hit 275 or so....

The Ford GT is simply stunning.

Amazing to be able to do that with 2WD. Kind of surprising somebody hasn't turned up the boost on a 4WD Veyron and hit 275 or so....

The Ford GT is simply stunning.

I've been waiting for the same thing. Does anyone know what the Veyron does in the MILE? Seems to be outmatched with all of the modified cars out there. It's all about power to weight.

My guess is the Veyron would need at least another 1000 HP to get the job done. The V takes way, way, way over 1 mile to get to 250 and the GT40 I think makes something around 1400 HP.

So maybe a Veyron with an extra engine and a rocket strapped on its back for extra measure might get the job done!

(Remember, the Veyron weights something like 4400 lbs which is a fairly grotesque number.)

Still, I think they are a wonderful exotic car that has its own niche.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is not the record and that guy is the biggest douche in the world. They showed up with armed hoodlums at the Miami mile and were out menacing other teams that were there with family and little kids. Biggest POS in the world!

Ray Hofman sets new World Record.

Last fall I went to the Texas mile and witnessed the (rumored) 1800whp Lambo do cartwheels in the brake zone. That car was all wheel drive and spun the tires on boost in the first 5ive gears, if not all gears.

IMO, the 'chute was mounted WAY too low and contributed to the fancy dismount (see video here: Underground Racing Twin Turbo Gallardo Crashes At 200+MPH Texas Mile - YouTube ) and this was "only" a 238mph run.

I think Fords have run faster than 253, bikes are knocking on 300mph runs (actually done this at Loring, which is 1.5 miles).

It takes more than a good credit card to do this unless conditions are perfect.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Lol I was there when johnny broke the record, that record was broken in Homestead,Miami Florida
He didn't break any record other than being a jerk and showing up to a car event with assault rifle toting jacka menacing other pits full of families and kids. Class act... not!

That was a horrible launch the guy did. Sounds to me like the power is way too peaky.

Wouldn't be that tough to install a launch control system in one of these cars ala lambo/ferrari....that would make a big difference in the final speed.

Back