"New" images????

Hi kids,

Just ran across this website w/ some images of a 1968 GT40.

DSC_7309.jpg

Website is gurney flap dot com
SPORTPROTO60

Hope we aren't stepping on any copyright toes here . . . .

Enjoy!

David

Mike Pass

Supporter
Photo looks like Claude Nahum's gold Mk2 big block car. He also has an original Mk1 289 small block GT40 and a superb Gelscoe replica of 1075 (or 1076). Claude is a really nice guy to talk to and drives this car hard.I asked him at the Le Mans Classic how this 427 engined car compares to the 289 and he said that it had a lot more grunt but with the weight in the back it would get away from you if you weren't careful. Unfortunately somewhat prophetic as he lost it at Indianapolis in the race! Luckily not too much damage done.
Cheers
Mike

Stunning photos....thanks a stack for posting. I must admit the Ferrari 312 P car is one of my all time favorites. It might not have been a very successful car on the track but as far as looks go that cars lines are almost indecent (IMHO). I drooled all over one at an event some years ago. My 40 is low but that thing is lower still by some distance. Magic sound going around the track too. The cars of that era are, again IMHO, the high water mark and best looking cars of my lifetime.

Back