!968 LeMans winner photo wanted

Hi all, I've been trying to find a photo of the No 9 winning car driven by Pedro Rodriguez and Lucien Bianchi from the 1968 LeMans. I have several shots but none of it actually passing the flag. the reason I want this is that I would like to have a poster of the 4 wins 66-69 for car shows that I do. I have already collated the other three complete with the drivers, nationality flags and car details, and have found photos from the other three years showing the actual moment of the win, but for some reason cannot find the 68 equivalent. is there one out there and can someone send it to me?

is that this car?

2qvtks7.jpg

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rene,

That is the car, P1075, but that is it winning in 1969 as #9

P1075 also won in 1968, but then it was #6

I think in 1969 the car was actually #6 as can be seen in the photo. That pic was definitley Jackie Ickx in 69 and I have that for my document. I think it was #9 in 1968 and that is the one I'm struggling to find, the best pic I could find was this one, but it's not of the car passing the flag. I hope there actually is one, but I'm beginning to doubt it

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 388
that picture you can find also in black and white but other pictures are very hard to find, I also found 4 video's from the 1968 le-mans...nice, but not enough with the flag...
also seeing the winning numbers 6 and 9 reminds me why 69 is such a winning combination :D

Rene, I think that might be thread drift, please keep your mind on the prize and do not get sidetracked with innuendo:laugh: 69 may be a winning combination but remeber victories can sometime leave a nasty taste in your mouth! Look, now you've got me drifting! I have tried various combinations of words to find the 68 flag photo but no result yet - anyone else have one in their vast album of history pics?

Rene
That's a better one than mine, I've managed to crop it to just get the 40 iin shot and I have used that for now. If everyone can keep looking I hope to have the full set of finish shots soon. It's nice to have the race history for people to see at shows as it's one thing that most do not know. They know it was built to beat Ferrari and did but not the details. I have a set of photos that I put around the car to show the racing history of the real ones and hopefully inspire the next generation of 40 owners.

Does anyone know why there was only one gas filler on the '68-69 winning car? Some of the other Gulf cars appear to have two fillers.

LeMans rules state only "one" gas fill allowed, were placed on the pit wall side of the cars. The passenger side (left) was blanked off for this race, and a cross over tube added to fill the left sill tank..................

Rene
Super photos, but it looks like there just isn't one of it passing the flag as for all the other years. I hope I'm wrong but if not I'll just have to use what I've got. Thanks again and I'll keep my fingers crossed for that elusive "past the flag" photo.

your right, could not find the 1968 finish flag photo... :-(
maybe some French members can look it up in French on search sites or from someones privat collection and load it up.
no thanks, hope you get lucky.

"Re: !968 LeMans winner photo wanted
LeMans rules state only "one" gas fill allowed, were placed on the pit wall side of the cars. The passenger side (left) was blanked off for this race, and a cross over tube added to fill the left sill tank.................."

Were all the MkIIs one fill cars?
Did the cars race with 2 fillers elsewhere?

Back