First ride in a GT40

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
In this video is my sons new girl friend, she wanted to go for a ride so I took her out on a local road I use for testing. I asked "how fast have you been?" she said 140 MPH to impress me I think.

Turned up the wick a little. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4kFLxetdQ&feature=em-upload_owner]Michelle first ride in GT40.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Wow! Fantastic video! As a relative newbie to the GT40 world, this video seems to really bring the experience to life. Love it!

How fast did you say!?!?

- Jeffrey

Jack,

Speed turns women on you know. You better be careful, she might dump your son for you......and then you'll have two big problems on your hands....

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jack,

Speed turns women on you know. You better be careful, she might dump your son for you......and then you'll have two big problems on your hands....

Cliff, now that is funny! Is that why my wife doesn't like to ride with me? :laugh:

Last edited:

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Yes sir, that and traction control! I am working on traction control with fly by wire.

Also, watch your engine move around behind you...

I changed my motor mounts to solid ones because mine was doing the same.
And no, I haven't noticed any difference in vibration or anything other than the fact that the motor doesn't move anymore.

FWIW,
Kirby

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Also, watch your engine move around behind you...

I changed my motor mounts to solid ones because mine was doing the same.
And no, I haven't noticed any difference in vibration or anything other than the fact that the motor doesn't move anymore.

FWIW,
Kirby
I noticed that Kirby, I normally have the camera pointed forward but this time it really stood out in the video. Its on my list of changes.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Great video, Jack. Based on the reaction from your passenger, I'd say she qualifies to continue dating your son. Had she reacted negatively, she would of course not be proper girlfriend material.....

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Great video, Jack. Based on the reaction from your passenger, I'd say she qualifies to continue dating your son. Had she reacted negatively, she would of course not be proper girlfriend material.....

Thanks Dave shes a keeper, I'm betting she is the ONE. Got a darn good voice too.

whahah, fantastic video, makes me smile :D

edit: that second video is great too, she's a good looking girl/woman with a good voice, great combo.

Last edited:
I think that she almost swollowed her gum when you launched off and she was getting thrown back in her seat....what size motor do you have??

Back