Le Mans, 24 Hours of Endurance (1965)

For Tractor Boy and the rest of the GT40 community, this is a great old movie about Triumph Spitfires at the 1965 Le Mans, but does include footage of our beloved GT40s-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpepDRqcFCo]Triumph Spitfire - 1965 Le Mans 24hrs (19th June 1965) - YouTube[/ame]

Andrew, many thanks mate. Made myself a nice cup of tea and sat back and enjoyed the video. I admit I'm stuck in the past but it doesn't bother me have as much as it does others. I love anything car related from this era. Keep posting and I'll keep watching! Great Stuff. Looking forward to seeing your completed car soon.

Keith

Thanks for posting Andrew. Incredible achievement by Triumph: it was hardly a thoroughbred. Was that an error in the script? The commentator several times referred to 7 litre Ford GT because surely it must be the MKI, and that is the first time I have seen the Healey Sprite Le Mans bodywork with the aero front and Kamm tail. Hardly surprising as I was dodging towel head bullets in Aden at the time... Le Mans was very far from my thoughts. Another world...:)

PS if you compare with Le Mans now, what a difference! They seem to have lost a lot of the small pioneering entries - it's all become very polished professional and costly.

Back