Unloading 2161

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
After a late night last night getting her buttoned up we loaded her up in the trailer and traveled to Colorado Springs to drop her off at Luftkraft Fabrication for a few updates. Should have her back in a week or two and ready to enjoy a great summer season in the Rockies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4JpLtQpzeY

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
What are you having done, Mike? We're already in the upper 80s most days here in the Carolinas. I'd welcome the low humidity (and wonderful scenery) of Colorado!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
New battery box for the 4lb Braille lithium battery and a new center console. The mechanicals are all done this winter so just a few odds and ends. The battery is silly lightweight.You can pick it up with a couple fingers. Will post some pics when its complete. You mention Colorado weather which by in large is fantastic. We drove through a vicious hail storm on the way over Monument. Put some dents in the trailer. It started getting a little scary as you begin to think they were going to come through the windshield. Not much fun at all.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
for crying out loud, get a pair of Race Ramps......!

I'm not going to watch another video of you loading\unloading until you do, lol

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
LOL no abuse going on here Tim. I spent an hour under my car Sat night detailing her with a tooth brush. Not a scrape, knick, or spot of rust anywhere. She is perfect inside and out. Every fastener checked and rechecked. One day I will end up in the OCD crazy house ;)

LOL no abuse going on here Tim. I spent an hour under my car Sat night detailing her with a tooth brush. Not a scrape, knick, or spot of rust anywhere. She is perfect inside and out. Every fastener checked and rechecked. One day I will end up in the OCD crazy house ;)

that thing sounds very nasty!!!! that's the sound I want in my CAV, can you post engine specs, re cam, firing order etc, I have 302 on 4x48 webers, 180 ex with single muffler with internal crossover, svo alloy heads, H.O. firing order, would like to go 289 firing order, much obliged, Neville Nesbitt in New York.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Why all the hate for my trusty 2x12s lol?

Crap...I must put a 2x10 in the gutter of my driveway to get 2171 in or out. Real classy....fire up GT40, wake up all neighbors and dogs. Find reverse....back out of garage. Stall car two or three times as choke is not hooked up. After car warms enough to stay running, set brake and exit car......enter garage and grab 2x10....place said wood in gutter at end of driveway. Watch mirror when backing out as 2x10 is only 8' wide. Once on street, set brake again, exit car and grab 2x10 with all the panache possible to make neighbors think this is what the most interesting man in the world does with a Dos Equis - later repeat same in reverse.

Yeah, I am cool.......................

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
that thing sounds very nasty!!!! that's the sound I want in my CAV, can you post engine specs, re cam, firing order etc, I have 302 on 4x48 webers, 180 ex with single muffler with internal crossover, svo alloy heads, H.O. firing order, would like to go 289 firing order, much obliged, Neville Nesbitt in New York.
Neville, its a Roush 427 stroker. It does sound nasty but I think the 302s also sound great. I don't think you will get a 302 to sound like a 427 stroker but you may like the sound of the 302 even more. Be sure to post some video of yours when you have it going. I would like to hear it.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Crap...I must put a 2x10 in the gutter of my driveway to get 2171 in or out. Real classy....fire up GT40, wake up all neighbors and dogs. Find reverse....back out of garage. Stall car two or three times as choke is not hooked up. After car warms enough to stay running, set brake and exit car......enter garage and grab 2x10....place said wood in gutter at end of driveway. Watch mirror when backing out as 2x10 is only 8' wide. Once on street, set brake again, exit car and grab 2x10 with all the panache possible to make neighbors think this is what the most interesting man in the world does with a Dos Equis - later repeat same in reverse.

Yeah, I am cool.......................

I 'felt' your pain a few years back, Rick! 'Made what can best be described as a wooden bridge which had to be laid down 'twingst our driveway and the middle of the street in order to get my FGT into/out of my place. 'Same deal as yours...'had to remove the "bridge" when not being used either coming or going. ('Needed a "bridge" to the middle of the street because of the severe 'dip' that existed at the point where the driveway and the street met.)

'Got tired of doing that real fast...so, $25K later the 'pitch' on the driveway and the surrounding landscape both were redone. :undecided:

OK, maybe I missed it, but I didn't see an excape door in the trailer.

How do you get in and out of the car when unloading and loading? Or do you just make someone sit in the dirver's seat until you've arrived :)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I'm 6'2 220 for reference. Open door against a towel on the trailer wall, don't want any scrapes or scratches. Stand up and step forward out over the door hinges. Cannot have big belly :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I 'felt' your pain a few years back, Rick! 'Made what can best be described as a wooden bridge which had to be laid down 'twingst our driveway and the middle of the street in order to get my FGT into/out of my place. 'Same deal as yours...'had to remove the "bridge" when not being used either coming or going. ('Needed a "bridge" to the middle of the street because of the severe 'dip' that existed at the point where the driveway and the street met.)

'Got tired of doing that real fast...so, $25K later the 'pitch' on the driveway and the surrounding landscape both were redone. :undecided:

I met with the builder of our development today as he wants a ride. I tried to shame him into redoing my gutter but sadly the condo rules prevent such. I reminded him that he does not need to lay wood to get his Cub or Long-Ezee out of his hanger and he agreed, but still no dice!

Oh well.....back to the 2x10...............

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I met with the builder of our development today as he wants a ride. I tried to shame him into redoing my gutter but sadly the condo rules prevent such. I reminded him that he does not need to lay wood to get his Cub or Long-Ezee out of his hanger and he agreed, but still no dice!

Oh well.....back to the 2x10...............

In this day and age, why am I not the least bit surprised?

Speaking for myself, I'm darned sick and tired of somebody else telling me what I can and cannot do on my own property.

"Land of the free" my hind foot...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
In this day and age, why am I not the least bit surprised?

Speaking for myself, I'm darned sick and tired of somebody else telling me what I can and cannot do on my own property.

"Land of the free" my hind foot...

Well I was aware of the restrictions when I bought here. I am on the Board of Managers of the condo association and we are always amused at people who have no idea what a "condominium" is. Common call: Resident "In my front yard"....BoM "No, you don't have a yard"...R "But in my front yard"....BoM "you mean in the one thirty-sixth of the area in front of your house?". Because all exterior property is held in common by thirty-six homes people just can't grasp the concept that they can't do whatever they please with common area i.e. no lawn jockeys or grazing deer statues. It is not "my own property" so there must be consensus over the use.

Back