DSC_7633.JPG

DSC_7721.JPG

DSC_7722.JPG

DSC_7724.JPG

DSC_7725.JPG

DSC_7726.JPG

DSC_7730.JPG

Keith

Is the photography or is the car running with quite a high setup? Tall tyres, big wheels?

Nice looking car by the way....:thumbsup:

Paul,

may I suggest, as Keith has mentioned, that the car is running very high.

If nothing else get the car running with a nose down attitude or you will have a light steering and lift problem at speed !!!!!!

Thanks for the info . I will go get the tires sizes and the hight of the nose from the ground . I drove well for me on the track but I am a novice .

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paul,

The car definitely is flying! :laugh:

Here's a shot of mine with the original GTD wheels before I re-worked the suspension, along with an "after" when I switched to pin-drive wheels, better-sized (IMO) tires (295/50-15 rear, 225/50-15 fronts) and a properly set-up suspension. We removed all of the GTD bushings, converted everything to heim-joints and corrected the bad geometry. The car was completely transformed after Ian went through it. The best money I've ever spent on a car.

But it is VERY low and scrapes pretty much everything bigger than a post card.

Mark

Attachments

• DSC_4426lr.jpg
    DSC_4426lr.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC_2448lr.jpg
    DSC_2448lr.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 465
I do think my front end is sitting a little high your tires are more in the fender I could adjust the shocks setting down a bit I think

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paul,

The good news is that you only need to buy two front tires.
The bad news is that the correct size is hard to find. Your front tires are over 26" tall and they should be closer to 24.5". Your rears are good, so hopefully you can make some adjustments to lower the car.

Good luck!

Mark

Back