93.1 KB · Views: 337
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 417
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 590
Thx Larry
Jamie- yup- Fran Kress' car. Ill post some interior pict. The car on the far right is my Spyker C8 Spyder.
Thx Mike- would love to hear your mod/improvement ideas.
Thx- Kurt

Thx Doc- Believe me- I've already had the measuring tape out- but I also need some time to digest/learn/appreciate the GT40- a few lifetimes, actually... ha
Kurt

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice stable! Are you interested in adopting a middle-age man to take care of those for you? :)

Also- the car came with Avon race tires, so I ordered another set of street wheels (BRM 17"s) and tires (Pirelli z0's)... so Ill be good for street and track... now where's that lead hammer ... ?
Kurt
PS-Bob Lacey of Vintage Wheels in SD, CA was a gentleman to work with.. hi reco...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Kurt, some will disagree but 17s on a GT40 just don't look right. The Avons are radials yes? Why not run them and not foul the appearance of the car?

Gents- thx for your input- The Avons on the car right now are Non DOT, non-radial, no-tread, soft as a baby's bottom, race tires.. text on the tire states: "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE"- ALSO- since they're such soft rubber- the tires pick up every rock/stone like a vacuum, and throw them up into wheel arches. no good.. so I need street tires- also Keep in mind, my car is the widebody- universe to choose from is limited-MickeyThompson makes a tire, but its a very high wall tire (i dont like) and besides it wont fit my wheel arches- and I'm not raising the rear (obviously).. I want to obviously be set up for street and track so the 15" Brms/Avons will be my track setup and the 17"/Pirellis will be street. and I really have no prob with the 17" vs 15" look... Kurt

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I've heard they are not DOT but they are bias ply as well? My Avons throw rocks like crazy as well. I just clear bra'd the heck out of the wheel arch lips and quarter panels. Seems to me effective and no dings in the paint yet. If you don't hate the 17" look then go for it.

Back