GT40s at the Spa 6 hours 2014

If you guys like the photos I will post a whole lot more.
At the moment I have to go back to Spa however, for two days of instructing (Radical SR3 RS), so please bear with me...

Img_0796a.jpg

Img_0830a.jpg

Img_0851a.jpg

Img_0849a.jpg

If you like I will start posting more pictures coming Wednesday.

John

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_qB7_LmFu9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi John,
If you have any shots of the Falcon, monkey would like to hear from you!

chris harris (@harrismonkey)
21/09/2014 19:33
If anyone was stood at La Source last night and caught a photo of a slightly sideways Ford Falcon, I'd love to see it!

Download the official Twitter app
Cheers
Paul

Nice pics. I was there with Car 17, GT40/1070. Unfortunatly retired a little over 3 hours in with rear wheel bearing failure. Here's to next year.

Darren

I believe our Club member and ace Spannerman GT was working in the pits on the winning 40:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't be shy Geoff :idea:

Returned from Spa yesterday and since you seem to like the pictures please find some more below.
It will take some time to post them all, but here is the first bunch of car no. 7 which got a small aerodynamic modification. There were some other GT40s as well that got some battle scars during the race...

Img_0680a.jpg

Img_0682a.jpg

Img_0683a.jpg

Img_0681a.jpg

Img_0848a.jpg

Img_0869a.jpg

Img_0872a.jpg

Img_0873a-1.jpg

More to come...

John

That last one makes it look like standard Spa weather

Oh yes, it was really pi$$ing with rain and with that part of the pitlane running down it created little rivers everywhere.

If you have any shots of the Falcon, monkey would like to hear from you!
chris harris (@harrismonkey)

Actually my 10 year old son is a big fan of Chris on youtube drifting F40s and F50s, so I suggested we went into the garage so he could meet him.
Chris was really kind to him and Nick was over the moon. He found shaking his hand meant even more to him than meeting ex-F1 driver Jan Lammers...

I was there with Car 17, GT40/1070. Unfortunatly retired a little over 3 hours in with rear wheel bearing failure.

Really nice car. Will post some photos later on (it's getting quite late overhere).

John

It is getting late now, couldn't help myself though.
Race no. 4!!!

Img_0718a.jpg

Img_0720a.jpg

Img_0719a.jpg

Img_0845a.jpg

Img_0861a.jpg

Img_0862a.jpg

Img_0852a.jpg

Img_0874a.jpg

Img_0875a.jpg

What a beautiful colour for a GT40!!!
Look at all the nice colouring on the tarmac...

By the way, did I already say how Lucky we are to have Spa and the Six Hours? Hope to race there again next year in something like a Mustang. Did this in 2012 in a 1965 Porsche 911 and found it the best event I have ever done so far.

John

Now that is Kool! I bet the sound in the town square made it even more exhilarating to watch and hear. Fantastic stuff.

At the beginning of the race David Hart fought like a true David against the Goliaths with his Cobra.

Img_0807.jpg

The orange-red GT40 race no. 15

Img_0715.jpg

Img_0717.jpg

Img_0727.jpg

Img_0726.jpg

Img_0843.jpg

The black no. 40!

Img_0814.jpg

Img_0828.jpg

Img_0844.jpg

I hope you all enjoy.

John

Just to finish it of, these are the final pictures of the GT40s. Hope you enjoyed them, both the action shots as well as the detailed pictures.

Also how impressive the Gelscoe cars are, amazed there is not more written about them on this forum. Sometimes the question pops up which is the best GT40 to buy...

Anyway, here we go.

Img_0815a.jpg

Img_0829a.jpg

Img_0836a.jpg

Img_0839a.jpg

Img_0759a.jpg

Img_0760a.jpg

Img_0842a.jpg

Img_0730a.jpg

Img_0733a.jpg

Img_0847a.jpg

Img_0798a.jpg

John

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
John, thanks for the great images. I really enjoy seeing these cars on the track.

I would like to see a Gelscoe up close. I love my Superformance car but there were a few things I chose to do to try and bring it up a notch. Would be interesting to examine one closely and see if there are "gaps" in the construction process. They are not cheap nor are parts from Gelscoe. I really want a set of knockoffs from them.

John, thanks for the great images. I really enjoy seeing these cars on the track.

I would like to see a Gelscoe up close.

Okay Mike, not sure if I have the pictures you are looking for. The linden green GT40 is a Gelscoe car and I have seen it a couple of times while instructing at Spa and when I raced at the Spa Six Hours in 2012.
What I understand from the Gelscoe GT40 is that the FIA has inspected the different build stages and measured everything and sanctioned the car so it can now officially be used in historic racing. No offense to other manufacturers, but to me Gelscoe makes the best GT40 you can buy apart from an original car. The linden green is in 1965 spec, the Gulf car (also Gelscoe) obviously is 1969 spec.

Img_9391a.jpg

Img_9459a.jpg

Img_9421a.jpg

Img_9423a.jpg

Img_9424a.jpg

Img_9360a.jpg

Img_9361a.jpg

Img_9433a.jpg

Img_9434a.jpg

Img_9435a.jpg

Sorry, this is all I could find of the Gelscoe GT40 in detail.

John

Back