New to me MKII

Finally got my MKII home to my stable, very awesome car built by HRE Motorcars in Long Island. Ernie Elliot 650 HP Aluminum 427 FE and right hand drive.

New GT40 001.JPG

New GT40 002.JPG

New GT40 003.JPG

Last edited:
What upgrades??

What tuning??

Just curious......

Well the car has an Ernie Elliot built aluminum 427FE making about 650hp on his dyno and I thought the car felt down on power, they drove it and agreed, there were some issues with the timing and carburetion found and now the car runs like it supposed to and is awesome! There was also a cooling issue that Dennis traced down and fixed as well. The car only had about 50 miles on it when I bought it and even though it looked awesome it had not been properly sorted out so I wanted the entire car gone through and anything that needed attention taken care of and that's what they did. I also wanted some more period correct stuff such as a handbrake under the dash and the correct center console as well as interior door handles. I also wanted rear deck hinges and gas struts and hardware to open and close and hold the rear clamshell up by itself, same for the front bonnet. I had front and rear brake duct kits with the aluminum housings mounted on the hubs with the hardware and ducting
to the body. I also put on aluminum front canards with diffusers and new legal 5 point harnesses in also. That covers most things other than some adjustments and fluids and such.

Back