St Georges de Bois

Hi

Just a few photos from the monthly meeting of our car club in La Sarthe, France. This month we were at a small village to the west of Le Mans called St Georges de Bois. The car park in the local Super U supermarket was laid on for everyone. We also had coffee and rillettes. Wonderful stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how welcoming and interested everyone is in all our cars, regardless of what they are.

Hope you enjoy the photos. I don't think there are many coupes lower than a GT40, but the photo shows one !!

Regards

Stephen

Attachments

• IMG_0798a.jpg
    IMG_0798a.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0799a.jpg
    IMG_0799a.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0802a.jpg
    IMG_0802a.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0807a.jpg
    IMG_0807a.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0810a.jpg
    IMG_0810a.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0815a.jpg
    IMG_0815a.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 278
Hi

Thanks Pierre-Louis and Brian. Yes its a JIDE. I believe made by a small French company. I don't know whether they were sold as complete cars or kits. I think a lot of people raced them.

There's a similar company, don't know whether they are related called Marcadier. They produced a number of different types of cars, even a GT40. I think that tended to have the Renault V6 with the Renault gearbox.

I'm sure either our French colleagues, or a bit of "googling" will give some more info.

Regards

Stephen

Jidé was founded by Jacques Durand (whose initials JD where used for the name of the company, in french say "Jidé") in 1969. One of his source of inspiration is ... the GT40 !
The car where produced until 1973 and were sold in kit form or completed : fiberglass body on tubular steel frame, with mainly 1300 R8 Gordini engine (rear mid-engine) and flipped Renault gearbox, or 1600 Renault engine with R12 Gordini gearbox.

Usually weighted around 650kg...

more info (in french) here : Menu Principal du site des Jid et des Scora

You can even buy one here ! : Jidé 1300 Voitures Var - leboncoin.fr

Attachments

• Jidé.JPG
    Jidé.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 224
Thank you Pierre-Louis for the info. Its always great to learn of new cars not previously seen, kit or otherwise. This car looks nicely detailed and finished. She should move along quite nicely too given power to weight. Cool!

Very nice little cars indeed, always loved them...

These cars were raced during the seventies, with some local success. But as J.Durand has not found any real financial support, things didn't go far. Many cars were raced in amateurs hillclimbing or rally, till recently.

One of the most famous french rally driver, Jean Ragnotti, test-tried a Jidé in 72 or 73, and was reported having been astonished by the handling and general performance of this little car, a serious challenger for the Alpine Berlinette at that time...

Another one detailed here, with nice pics (but this car is quite upgraded in comparison to the original)

http://www.autodrome.fr/JIDE_GORDINI_1600S_restored.htm

Back