First PCH cruise in my new GT40

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
How intoxicating!!! Great vantage point for the camera also!

Yes Randy the Webers not only sound great they look good too, i removed the side windows and replaced them with a frame to cover the window seal. I don't need the AC here on the coast and I like it better with open windows.

Maui

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 355
I would be very interested in what type of material you used for your window frames and how you fabricated them. I have been considering just such a modification for my CAV. Thanks!

I would be very interested in what type of material you used for your window frames and how you fabricated them. I have been considering just such a modification for my CAV. Thanks!
Mike I used makrolon the same material as the Windows, cut them with a jig saw and painted the back side with black lexan paint

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Looking at your beautiful engine, I'm reminded...I'm not quite sure what to do about screen mesh filters versus something more traditional (K&N for example). Some sources of information claim the screen is much less efficient in passing air, but they look soooo much better than 8 individual K&N filters on tubes. So basically it is an aesthetics thing for me (the screens are triple screened to filter pretty well), but for WOT HP, I'm assuming the K&N is the way to go for max air flow?

Your thoughts?

The shot below shows both of the options I noted above, on the car. The screen on top of the ram-tubes (~12^2" of filter area), vs filters (~50^2" of filter area).

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back