Mustang vs GTD40 - side by side

Considering a Mustang as a daily driver and from the initial test drive very impressed so far.

Took the GTD40 for a spin today so popped back in to ford dealer. Didn't realise they did a Mustang 4x4 ;)

2f18bd23342e496cb69b98fc7cee05b9_zpsqdso2lmb.jpg

780d882664295035b76b353b5e1ac060_zpsq15udjm9.jpg

Last edited:
I have always felt the new Mustangs looked a bit on the porky side, just looked up the heights... 1965 - 51.2"..... 2015 - 54.4". I guess after 50 years its known as middle age spread.:)

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I drove the 2015 Mustang and didn't like it at all. Like most modern manual shift cars, the clutch had no feel at all. The car felt very bulky as well. It looks nice from the outside, but not from the driver's perspective.

Then again, after driving a GT40 for a few years, I may have had unrealistic expectations.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
I drove the 2015 Mustang and didn't like it at all. Like most modern manual shift cars, the clutch had no feel at all. The car felt very bulky as well. It looks nice from the outside, but not from the driver's perspective.

Then again, after driving a GT40 for a few years, I may have had unrealistic expectations.

Interesting comment. I have the new GT350 and I love it.
Yes, it's bigger than the Pantera and the GT40... much so!

But the car handles! Very well.

And the clutch feel is easily fixed by just removing the helper spring.
Yeah, it is too soft as delivered....

FWIW,
Kirby

I have also both cars

GTD40 Gulf 302 Weber
Mustang 2015 Ecoboost

I love both

Similarity: Nothing is perfect but all is so much fun !

Fred

You need more horsepower, a 6 speed gearbox, dual clutch, and a suspension adjustment....A SHELBY SuperSnake in other words.

Attachments

• SSblk.JPG
    SSblk.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 213
  • c883_3.JPG
    c883_3.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 227

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Amazing the size difference... You'd never get into that GT while the Mustang is parked there... One of the pitfalls of parking a GT40 in spots like that..
I'd like to share these pics with some friends if you don't mind..

Amazing the size difference... You'd never get into that GT while the Mustang is parked there... One of the pitfalls of parking a GT40 in spots like that..

Should not be a problem, The GT40 is RHD. :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Should not be a problem, The GT40 is RHD. :)

Nice catch Jac! :thumbsup:

It woukd still be a tad bit tight for a (ahem) gentleman such as myself to get in the wron.. Errrr.... RIGHT side.... :stunned:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I think the problem is you old timers not the car. Simply crack the door and slither out on your hands. Stay in shape old timers you know what they say use it or lose it :)

I now own a new 2015 GT that I've done a lot of modifications to and I love it. Handles as well as my Ferrari did .

Attachments

• IMG_20151216_145623_636.jpg
    IMG_20151216_145623_636.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCN1238.jpg
    DSCN1238.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20150821_151811_465.jpg
    IMG_20150821_151811_465.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 223

Go for it :)

Back