Dat ass

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b22N9x1DPII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Is it an illusion or do the taillights protrude less on 2196 than they do on 2161?

Want so much... Rick, are roller prices the same these days or have the strength of the US dollar helped?

Btw, saw this car at Olthoff shop, color looked even better in person

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Kevin,

Prices are holding. The strong Dollar has covered costs that would have resulted in increases.

Time for another car?

And yes, the color is killer in person!

Attachments

• frangt1.jpg
    frangt1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 244
  • frangt4.jpg
    frangt4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 236
  • frangt5.jpg
    frangt5.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 258

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Looking closing at this pictures those taillights are definitely more recessed than they are on 2161. Are they different lens or is the molding on the rear clam different?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Looking closing at this pictures those taillights are definitely more recessed than they are on 2161. Are they different lens or is the molding on the rear clam different?

Lenses are the same, the rear clam moulding is different on the wide tail body. P2196R is a "wide ass" body.

Time for another car?

I wish... probably not for a couple more years as I am still living in the city and having a race car in downtown Chicago just doesn't make sense (nor is usable). When I do, this car is top of my list to emulate.

Mike, keep in mind that maybe some cars could have been fitted with Fiat 850-style rear lights, which are thinner than the correct Simca 1000 units which protrudes more, thus probably the more or less recess illusion...
I know, I had initially some Fiat lights on my car (GTD), and when I did put the correct Simca units, the visual aspect went quite different (and far more nicer according to me)

Back