First video of my GT 40 at Coffee and Octane

Well, I finally got round to a video(published) on Utube. Video courtesy of a RunCam miniature camera. I actually used two cameras to tape but the Mobius cycled off before leaving the garage. Had turned off the lights before cranking and it must have fooled the camera into thinking it was on standby or I just didn't push the buttons correctly??? So no video from the side position of the car. These cameras have been making great strides in their output of video. Rivals the GoPros($400). These little cameras are menu driven and can produce 1080P resolution. They can take snapshots and time lapse as well. They can also be used as a USB device, which means they can be used with in car monitors. Learned about them from the RC community. They weigh about 40 grams, measure 65 x 40 x 20mm and can hold up to 64GB SD card. The best part is that they only cost about $60-$80. The newest Runcam2 is up a little higher around $99. Their microphones are subject to wind noise. Plan to research a way to eliminate that or somehow get a remote microphone. Speaking of that I also have a new rear view camera. It is a 32 x 32mm Sony 800 TV Line Board camera. A computer chip board with a 3.6mm lens that equals out to a 90 degree FOV. I hacked it into my 4channel monitor and I now have 3 cameras on it, and I plan to wire one of the mini cams into it as well. That will give me cameras on each side of the car. I plan to do some more videos that will incorporate a pan and tilt device, driven by mini servos, for better viewing. No more fixed cameras for videos.
Here is the link for the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxDJROJNfE&feature=youtu.be
BTW if you take your cars to large cruise-ins you will be mobbed by the crowds. This one is held monthly and is the biggest in the state of Ga. I was really surprised by the way people reacted to the car. A videographer at the meet wants to do a spread with my car!!! Unbelievable.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for bringing this to our (my) attention. I have the latest GoPro, and for the price, I'm not that impressed. I put in an order for the latest SoloShot, but it won't be out until spring...should also be interesting.

Lover the color of your car, BTW.

You into RC? I used to fly gliders (slope soaring, mostly). Some power planes, and now am building some boats/yachts. Haven't tried FPV, though. I do steal my kids quad copters occasionally...easier to fly than my helicopters, for sure.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I only have the most recent GoPro Hero (basic $120 version). I completely eliminated wind noise by placing some fake fur (from a local fabric/crafts store) over the microphone area where the casing holes are located. Exhaust noise was still very audible.

Back