Albany Classic race meet

Nice video mate. Looks like a lot of fun on a bit of a tight course but you got past some of that traffic quite well in spite of that. Glad you didn't meet up with any of those concrete barriers. How much did the recent improvements help?

Julians mighty 200mph DRB GT40?..he runs a full race 347 revving over 7000rpm .... its a bloody scary ride in that car and a seasoned Competitor.......

yeah i have on going clutch dramas , no idea how to sort it now....maybe learn to drive a bit better.....

The only way i could stop clutch slip in my gt40 was with a ceramic button clutch.
It was not great on the street (ie not progressive and quite grabby) but hooks up really well on the track and gets better with heat.

Im running a 6 puk full ceramic clutch disc already with an upgraded pressure plate. doesnt like the upper gears.....need a twin plate set up. Need to talk to RF and get a new set up again....

Hi Jac
I'm not sure but have no way of measuring it at the moment. I think it pulled down about 8mm from memory. I couldn't smell clutch burning...and didn't notice slip in lower gears from 3rd down.

Don't think you will get much of a smell off the Ceramic clutch material, I am wondering if your diaphragm is too flat and possibly close to going over centre in the release position, if this is the case centrifugal force can hold it in the released position if you get on the throttle too quickly after a gear change. Diaphragms are a bit different and the clamping force or grip gets better as the plates wear until the diaphragm approaches the limits of the cover hat assy. We found with twin plate clutch from E49 and GTHO Falcons that we could improve the clutch in racing applications by using a ~ 0.040" to 0.060" washer on each of the clutch cover bolts between cover & flywheel, this was enough to prevent the diaphragm going over centre and allowed the driver to flat shift, something that is not possible with it set up to ford factory specs. Try it, what have you got to lose! You may also need a pedal stop to prevent using more clutch travel than reqd... adjust so that you can just select rev or first is enough

All good advice Jac. i will look into it a bit more. Also I'm being told Im getting to excited on the shift into 4th. At Collie i will try a more settled approach and see if that works.

I love those Avon tyres, best i have ever driven on. So consistent, forgiving and sticky.

Back