Nashville Cars & Coffee Superformance Mk.2

I started attending my local cars & coffee at the beginning of this year in hopes of seeing a Gt40 that some friends had been talking about. I began seeing pictures of it on the cars and coffee facebook page, but somehow it was never there when I went and always seemed to be there when I didn't go. Well finally this past Saturday I was able to see it, and this was the first one I've ever seen. So I was really surprised by the size of it, they look bigger in pictures. I ended up talking to the owner who was a real nice guy, and he even let me sit in it. Plus I got to watch it start up and drive away. The good news is I don't think I'll need a Gurney bubble! Anyways I know these pics aren't all that amazing, especially since some of y'all can step in your garage and see one everyday. I just figured I'd share my little experience. I'm definitely going to start saving my money now haha.

This car is P/2186, its powered by a Ford aluminum 427 thats putting out over 600 HP. The engine is backed by a RBT 5-speed transaxle (I always thought they had ZF transaxles, can anyone clarify this for me?). It has Webers on top of a Blue Thunder intake. He purchased the car from Dynamic Auto West, and the engine from Taormina Imports. Thats all I know about it right now, I'd like to learn more about this car in the future. I was just so mesmerized by it because I had never seen a GT40 before. Maybe you can come up to the show sometime Mr. Dwight, I saw a few Alabama tags on the cars there. Here's a few more pics:

Can anyone tell me what the springs over the mufflers do?

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Jacob - I don't believe those are Weber carbs. I think he's using an Eight Stack EFI set-up which is identical to mine. That company has since been acquired by Borla.

No, they are carbs, Not Fuel Injection, & while we are looking its a bored and stroked 351 Windsor- Not an FE427 which would be MKII correct and then the carbs would be wrong.... to each his own:)

Back