Acquired a P68

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
p68.jpg

Mike,

I have a few of the GMP 1:12 scale models of the GT40 for sale. These are very high end die casts that are out of production and are very rare. They are very detailed with cloth seat belts, wire wheels, etc. Do a Google search to see some of the prices and let me know if you are interested.

-Bob Woods
Tornado GT40 in Texas

Here are a couple of them:

GMP 1:12 1967 Ford GT-40 Street Car- Nbr Ltd Ed of 100 - Diecast Zone
GMP 1:12 1967 Ford GT-40 Street Car- Nbr Ltd Ed of 150 - Diecast Zone

Last edited:
Mike I have several 1:18 die-cast models. I've purchased some display cases as advertised. But haven't paired them up. Just wondering what are you thoughts on the case display verses the the original box?
Oh a Happy New Year to you. Grady

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is the plan Grady. I have a contractor who is suppose to finish out the basement mancave starting this week. I figured I would carefully remove each car from its original packaging and place in a display cabinet. At any point each car could easily be remarried with its original packaging.

Happy 2017 to you and yours!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re: Acquired P68

And a MkII

Every year around Thanksgiving Wix use to market a high-quality die cast car, and one year it was the GT40 MkII. Most O'Reilley outlets are allocated a few of them...IF Wix still does that. It is a very high quality model if you can find one, but every time I ask about the Wix commemorative car at the parts counter I hear that Wix is not making the commemorative models any more. Too bad...it is perhaps my most realistic die-cast. Both the hood and the back hatch open, steerable wheels, working suspension, etc...

Just thought I'd mention it in case you have not thought of that source.

One year Wix did a '55 Chevy and the box had a clear covering on one side, sort of like a window. The inside of the box was printed to resemble the inside of a garage. The box had a "flap" covering that "window" and when it was folded down there was grass printed on the inside of the flap...complete with the "ruts" in the grass where the '56 had done a peel-out. Great fun...I gave it away to a 12 year old for his birthday.

I'll keep my eye out for 40's.

Cheers!

Doug

if you guys are at all interested in car models etc... there is no finer than the work of Marshall Buck.. period... see below...
Home
Kurt

Grady,

I have several GMP 1:12 scale models of the GT40. As you probably know, these are very high end and advertised on eBay for upwards of $2500. I can sell them for much less if you are interested.

Here are links to the models.

GMP 1:12 1966 Ford GT40 #5- Bucknum/Hutcherson- Le Mans- Ltd Ed of 350 - Diecast Zone
GMP 1:12 1966 Ford GT40 #6- Andretti/Bianchi- Le Mans- Ltd Ed of 350 - Diecast Zone
GMP 1:12 1967 Ford GT-40 Street Car- Nbr Ltd Ed of 150 - Diecast Zone
GMP 1:12 1967 Ford GT-40 Street Car- Nbr Ltd Ed of 100 - Diecast Zone

I also have some Cobras by the same manufacturer.

-Bob Woods
Tornado GT40 in Texas

The goal one day is to have every slot car/diecast made of the GT40

gt40slots.jpg

Mike be careful IXO makes their 1/43rd Ford MKII with MKIV wheels. NSR 1/32nd slotcar 1967 Ford MKIIB are not modified just 1966 MKIIA with 1967 transfers (Decals). Remember there was enough pressure to get NSR to include driving lights on their MKII's It all depends on what you want a model or a toy?
Regards Allan

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
What I don't understand is why one would go to the effort to reproduce in such fine detail and then give the car some jacked up ride height? It doesn't matter if it's Exoto or GMP they all have glaring misses to me. I like the the Slot-It and NSR cars because if you're going to error, at least error on the side of lower and flatter not higher and more bulbous.

overall.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Added a new GT40 to the stable

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EsKtrUucKxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks. I wonder if since I've already paid I could use the lemon law to request a refund?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Got two new 1/18 scale models today. These are near the top of my favorites in the collection. Not as detailed as some but have the right stance and appearance for my taste.

gt_spirit.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
One of my collection out in the shop

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpg
    IMG_5821.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 350

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Very cool. Is that the Spark 1/18 scale? I have that one too along with some of the 1/43 Spark models.

Back