What's better than one GT40?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Two of course...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NmDResmdyTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
2017100100.jpg

2017100101.jpg

2017100102.jpg

2017100103.jpg

Well, these two Colorado GT's finally got to meet this morning. I think they got along just fine....especially on the highway. ;-) Thanks for taking the pics, Mike.

Oh, and we forgot the obligatory fuel stop pic...

Since you'd rather not track your car, any thought of doing the Colorado Mile next year? What better sound than two GT-40's crossing the mile marker at redline!

Hey, is that in Aurora, CO?
Looks familiar.
Always nice to see (and hear) GT40's running in packs. :)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Since you'd rather not track your car, any thought of doing the Colorado Mile next year? What better sound than two GT-40's crossing the mile marker at redline!
That would be fun we shall see. These cars look and sound even better in person I think than video or images can portray.

Yes, Southlands Mall

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
To have that many people sharing the same passion in the UK which is smaller than the state I live in, is fantastic. I wish we had the same level of comradery in the US let alone Colorado where I think there might be 4-5 GT40s. At one point Rick Muck was organizing a US meet at Watkins Glen which would have been out of this world. Unfortunately, that apparently faded away.

This coming weekend is most likely the final drive of the year for 2161. I'm hoping to meet up with a couple fellow FGT owners and maybe an F car for a nice cruise in the mountains. We have heavy snow forecast for my location at 9K feet Sunday night. That will be it for me until summer 2018. Hopefully I can resist tearing my car apart this winter for some massive revamp :)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
This is some footage of the last event in the US @ Road America that I'm aware of. Would be there tomorrow if another was to occur...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Oj-EIa4a9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
This is some footage of the last event in the US @ Road America that I'm aware of. Would be there tomorrow if another was to occur...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Oj-EIa4a9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the year Mike Trusty, Jack Houpe and I attended.
The initial part of the video is us going out onto the track.
Did you edit the video I posted?
:thumbsup:

Kirby

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Did I get that from you Kirby? I don't recall where it came from. I sure wish there could be another event like it!

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Did I get that from you Kirby? I don't recall where it came from. I sure wish there could be another event like it!

The video was taken by Mike's wife and I put it on my website.
I think I posted it here, too.

Kirby

Back