Arbitrage GT

Check out this thing, just found it looking about, full carbon fibre body, LS7 or Audi TT V6 power made in Thailand??

Galmer ::: Arbitrage GT

Also the link to Gearfox - manufacturer of a 6 spd transaxle capable of taking 900Nm of input torque

TSR

WILD is as WILD does:.....

Attachments

• Redback Spyder.jpg
    Redback Spyder.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,012
  • redback spyder side grey.jpg
    redback spyder side grey.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 1,298
The text and story states 4 prototypes are scheduled and to be tested around September 2007. So at this point, we are seeing advertising only.

Not many non-GT40s do anything for me. But this car is different. I actually viewed the link and took an interest in what was there for the reading. The pictures of the Red car really present the car very well in my opinion.

But...............powered by Chevy? For sure, the powertrain and trans will produce blistering performance. Got to draw the line somewhere. If I had the money, I would pass on it.

If it isn't powered by Ford, I am not interested. (I had to print that, because if I typed what I wanted to say, Ron and Lynn and the rest of you would wack me).

Really though, the car is noce, and will sell well if the manufacturer supplies a car as represented in the link.

Cheers,

Nope i'll change that. . .$320K $au and upwards according to their website. . . .crappp!!!. . .that would build 3 x kick @ss GT40's!!!

I want to thank you guys for discovering the the Galmer Arbitrage GT. I am the founder of the project. We are in the middle of building the prototypes now. It is going, slowly but surely. I will be releasing new pictures on the website Galmer ::: Arbitrage GT very soon. I didn't join the forum the plug the car, but I will be happy to answer any questions you have if you send me an email. For Gary: If you want a Ford in it, we could help you configure it that way. I started this project to give builders a chance to own a carbon fiber monocoque engineered car, probably at the lowest price you will ever be able to own one. We will only do 350 of them, ever. Price will be under $100K less engine and trans.

Kevin, Hows about slipping a R/H drive prototype into OZ, i'll be your southern hemisphere test driver any day!!! . . .engine type wouldn't bother me mate . . if my victa lawnmower engine would rotate those wheels i'm there!!! . . .give me a yell if you need a delivery address :D

HAve you guys ever seen the now defunct Delanda Demon . ..Built from scratch on the Gold Coast, they went into receivership late last year

Attachments

• 100_1542s.jpg
    100_1542s.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 950
  • 100_1543s.jpg
    100_1543s.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 776
  • 100_1552s.jpg
    100_1552s.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 956
you nicked the motor out of my lawnmower Fran?. . ..

the Delanda boys (when they were going) also built a twin turbo Lexus 4lt, i think it was good for 400kw at the wheels on mild boost, i've got a pic of the engine in the chassis, but its too dark to see the low mounted turbo's, think there was a water to air intercooler sitting there too?

Attachments

• 100_1564s.jpg
    100_1564s.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 901
Double Wild: Road & Track presents info on CAPARO T1. High performance company (privately owned) with offices in USA, India and the UK. Car is to deliver 1000 bhp per ton, more than Bugatti.. Carbon-fiber monocoque and body (995 lbs). 3.5-liter V-8 engine.

Attachments

• Caparo T1.jpg
    Caparo T1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 743
Dear friends,
I feel that I must come in the arena to give an hand to my US representive.
This guy is quiet straight in terms of planning a business.
He chosed my gearbox on skin feeling, he came from Thailand to Italy to check if the feeling was well supported in reality, but there was a huge problem.....the price.
In less then one day we setted up this joint venture ( we not disclose the contain of it ) and immediatly the cost of one unit dropped down at about half price.
Now I am sure that I did the right choice starting a partnership with the man, anything is behind him, but THE MAN is superior in business capabilities.
Soon press release with the terms of the deal. Anyway GearFox Engineering will support the Galmer GT project using all the experience acquired in developping: the Bugatti EB 110 GT and SS, EB 112 and participating to the development and federalisation of 3 more super cars project which we can not mention at this stage.
I am proud for participating at this new project with that MAN. The one who I was calling the YANKEE LION.
Trust, the product is coming.
Regards Wanni

Kevin G,

Thank you for the reply. I will keep tabs on the progress you make with your car. Not sure how you could configure your car for a Ford unit (as in old school 289/302 VS: newer OHC modular engines with an RBT as in what Saleen uses in the S7).

Will follow your progress with interest,

When I saw the picture of the rear of the "DEMON" I scratched my head.

I want to show you guys a peek at the the difference in what we do compared to others. Frankly, this was a tough one to make. If it wasn't for Martin Fox, (pictured) we would have had a heck of a time.

The FEA came back on this frame at 21,080 ft-lb/deg.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 728
Kevin, when i saw the chassis of the demon i thought back to my mechanical apprenticeship days when i worked on Massey Ferguson tractors!!, it was a shocker, very agricultural, all made out of steel box section, wouldn't have had much flex i suppose . . plenty of metal in there!!!. ps. a couple of pillows in that sub-frame of yours and it looks like a comfy place to pull up for the night?
Russell

Kevin, when i saw the chassis of the demon i thought back to my mechanical apprenticeship days when i worked on Massey Ferguson tractors!!, it was a shocker, very agricultural, all made out of steel box section, wouldn't have had much flex i suppose . . plenty of metal in there!!!. ps. a couple of pillows in that sub-frame of yours and it looks like a comfy place to pull up for the night?
Russell

Specialy if the gearbox is made to be used as a structural part of the chassis like Koenigsegg is doing or symply, like Apollo Gumpert is doing, it is so strong to not have any need to be supported at all. It is just bolted on the bell housing area and that's it and it works even with the huge ammount of torque avalaible.
Ciao
Wanni

Back