looking for trouble

byby cop

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,211
Methinks it might be a 'for display only' type plate, would imagine that it would vibrate like crazy in motion.

Jac Mac

I don't think its a display plate. Illinois allows us to have 7 figures on a plate, and thats exactly what it shows. I would think if anyone has access to plate info for IL, they could proably come up with the owner's name.

Mike

something does not convince me in the picture of this car.First of all the rubber label on the front of the car and the same for the lower spoiler never used on originals f-40.
Being the last TRUE big ferrari..it is a shame to see the bad destiny those ones can have around the world:(

The same for the horrendous rubber wire on the tale of the car.
Please Mike tell me this is a replica...:yuck:

Attachments

• 350px-Ferrari_F40_in_IMS_parking_lot.jpg
    350px-Ferrari_F40_in_IMS_parking_lot.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,707
  • 87ferrari_f40_1.jpg
    87ferrari_f40_1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,677
Attached are more pics of the same car.
This was a fancy-schmancy Ferrari event and they would have ridden a replica out on a rail. The last pic is a 328GTS that I displayed at the event.

My, you down-under blokes are suspicious lot. LOL!

Mike

Attachments

• Ferrari1.jpg
    Ferrari1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,541
  • Ferrari2.jpg
    Ferrari2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 981
  • Ferrari3.jpg
    Ferrari3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 969
  • Ferrari4.jpg
    Ferrari4.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 777

Malcolm

Supporter
I suspect the rubber lip was put on to protect grounding or bumping pavement edges when 3 point turning having overshot the junction cos the driver was having too much fun going too fast! Heard that happening on other exotica.

Attached are more pics of the same car.
This was a fancy-schmancy Ferrari event and they would have ridden a replica out on a rail. The last pic is a 328GTS that I displayed at the event.

My, you down-under blokes are suspicious lot. LOL!

Mike

Me, suspicious, nah must be Paulo your refering to, hang onto your britch's Paulo, your about to be relocated. Welcome to the Southern Hemisphere!

Jac Mac

Fran, no, it was at Montefiore(a private estate in Lemont, IL) a few years ago when I owned the 328. Beautiful affair. Strolling violinists, great Italian food, beautiful gardens(Paolo, you would have loved it). Them Italians sure know how to throw a shindig.

The owner had the Como Inn restaurant in Chicago, was a Ferrari enthusiast, and had an alternative Ferrari service shop in Chicago. (He was not the owner of the F40 in question).

Alas, the family fell on hard economic times because of internal squabbles, and they stopped the Ferrari functions. I wish they would return. Montfiore is as beautiful as
ever.

Mike

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Pretty sweet, the F40 is by far my favorite car of all times. I don't care if there are faster, better, more comfortable cars out there. The F40 holds a special place in my heart and always will. I love it!!!

Attachments

• montefioredellaso.jpg
    montefioredellaso.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 548
  • montefiore-panorama.jpg
    montefiore-panorama.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 506
  • segreti-rocca-montefiore_large.jpg
    segreti-rocca-montefiore_large.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 820
Back