Sexiest Canam Ever?

.... I think so

Dobson Motorsport

Webster Special information, specifications, history, and images. High Resolution, Wallpapers, Destop Images.

64_Webster_Spcl_002_DV-06-MHR_01.jpg

64_Webster_Spcl_002_DV-06-MHR_04.jpg

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Who's to say?

There have been numerous very pretty and immaculate one off race cars built, but for what ever reason a lot are uncompetitive and don't cut the mustard.

Maybe the builders are more skilled at making a pretty body and deciding what paint and polish to use than they are at determining the fundamentals required to make them be competitive?

Not 100% sure about this, but I think this car was owned by Tom Black in Portland, Oregon around the 1980s, and it was polished then.

Malcolm

Supporter
That nose looks like it has a black hole in it rather than an air vent! I wouldn't fancy a low sun run in that car, but otherwise cool!

Who's to say?

There have been numerous very pretty and immaculate one off race cars built, but for what ever reason a lot are uncompetitive and don't cut the mustard.

Maybe the builders are more skilled at making a pretty body and deciding what paint and polish to use than they are at determining the fundamentals required to make them be competitive?

From one of the links.......

[SIZE=-1]History:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A very unique and special racing prototype, this car is one of only two built by the famous Marvin Webster of the Webster Gear Company in Mill Valley, CA. It was intended to be raced by the late Tony Settember in the USRRC Series in 1965, but CanAm prevailed with its unlimited rules, and this car was never raced in period. The body was hand-formed by Jack Hagemann and the entire car weighs only 1250 lbs. It is a very competitive car in many vintage events and has been in it's current owners possession since 1983. It has been raced in numerous important US vintage car events and never damaged.[/SIZE]

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah, I read that.

But the USRRC started in 1963 and Chaparral were winning then and they had more wins in 1964 so the writing was on the wall long before 1965. If the car was built as stated for the 1965 USRRC it was doomed to be uncompetitive compared to the Chaparrals. That, no doubt, is why it never raced in the Series. And then in answer to the Chaparrals along came the T70's, McLarens etc towards the end of 1965.

Nice looking car and great that it's out there being raced, but not competitive in it's day.

Cheers,

I saw this car at Seattle International Raceway a few years ago and it is really even better looking live. Beautiful car.

Steve

I am sure you have all noticed that cars are like woman...and some men covet everyone elses.... and some men can`t see what others see to covet.
So the moral of the story... beauty IS in the eye of the beholder and no man ever married an ugly woman.

As a kid, I used to lust after any Hot Wheel model that came in chrome finish. As an adult (in body only) I have outgrown the attraction to chrome. The thing that strikes me about any polished aluminum body is how perfect it has to be. No fillers, no primers, no hidng any imperfection in your craftmanship! Very impressive. Funny, I think the Mclarens look pretty cool in their aluminum look paint jobs....maybe I'm not as fully over those Hot Wheels as I thought.

An older buddy of mine has always had this saying "If we all had the same taste, we would all be lusting after the same woman ..... Kim Basinger"

Not a Can Am car as such but certainly one of Elfin Cars finest examples of the big banger sports car. Elfin MS7 Repco Holden 5 litre V8.

cheers

Muz

Attachments

• 8FBC3205.jpg
    8FBC3205.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 8FBC3154.jpg
    8FBC3154.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 408
I believe that this one did race in the very late CanAm races. Elfin ME5 Chevrolet

Attachments

• Elfin_ME5_1970s_side.jpg
    Elfin_ME5_1970s_side.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 488
Back